Summer Soltice

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
smogie_michele

Summer Soltice

Post by smogie_michele »

This year, we are making the most out of the longest day of the year and spending it outside with our family. We are grilling outside, swimming and sunbathing with most of the neighborhood. I'll be braiding flowers into everyone's hair, too :)
This may be my favorite holiday of the year. There is no better excuse to hang out by the pool or lake all day <3
What does everyone else have in mind for this June? Maybe we can borrow ideas from each other and start new holiday traditions!
:flyingwitch: I can't wait! :surprisedwitch:
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
AnaisStar

Re: Summer Soltice

Post by AnaisStar »

We will probably do the same as you actually. Weather permitting, just being outside and communing with nature. Like a hike or something.

Letting all the windows be opened in the house to let in the sun and fresh air.
PaganSerpent

Post by PaganSerpent »

As I will just have had surgery, I won't be doing much. I will probably stay inside but open the windows and maybe do a small ritual. If I'm feeling up to it, I might try cooking/baking something specifically for the day.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

I'm going to do a spell at dusk and try to spend the time relaxing, maybe looking for spell items.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

since this is the first time im going to be celebrating im just going to go on a walk like i normally do an enjoy that its the Summer Solstice maybe give an offering to Apollo and a couple of pennies for luck to the faeries
i would say spend time with family but mine down here dosnt really do that offten
StarlessN1ght

Post by StarlessN1ght »

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do yet since this will be my first one.
Maybe just go outside and try to connect with nature. It would be nice if my family and I could all go together.
We might just do something as simple as go to the park and grill. I'm still really excited about it though. =D
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

Finally finsihed planing out my offerings for Summer Soltice

im going to leave a offering of fresh water with honey and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie for Poseidon
For Artemis im leaving some lemon grass and ginger tea with honey and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie
and for Apollo im offering orange juice with a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that has honey drizzled over it

and im going on a walk with a friend who knows im wiccan so it wont be to bad if i just randomly start thinking Apollo for a beautiful day or see the moon in the sky and be like thanks for another day Artemis >> cus i tend to do that on my walks lol

we plan on spending the walk playing never have i ever and laughing at what we can come up with lol
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

oh heres some back yard ideals for litha :) i just posted a pic of the page i made from what i found online and thought i would share the pics were taken with my phone so its really big >< or i would just post the pics here
http://samnikkiejournal.blogspot.com/20 ... deals.html
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Oh! I just realized Ill be in Salem that day. I'll have to see if any groups/covens have anything going on. We are going for Pride day (parade, festival, etc). Just dawned on me that it will also be the Solstice.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

great way to spend the Solstice AnaisStar hope you have fun ad the Pride Day festival
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

The only thing I can find is a Strega circle, which is not my path. I might swing by to watch it though. There will be plenty to do for Pride though.

I might do something small to honor Apollo. Maybe finish setting up his altar finally. :D
rosemoon

Post by rosemoon »

I'm going to be taking a walk at sunrise, a walk at noon, and then I'm going to cast my usual circle in my room at sunset, focusing more on the Fire element.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

anyone got some ideal for someone whos not allowed outside my plans got shall we say obliterated as of two days ago
i just got out the hospital and need to stay inside as much as possible
StarlessN1ght

Post by StarlessN1ght »

It looks like it might rain where I live on Saturday... So I'm trying to think of something to do indoors as well. =(
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That sounds wonderful! And I was just thinking today how I think it might be my favorite too. Though, I love the Spring too... I'm not sure which I like more. (: I hope you have a really fun time! My sisters and I are going to do something similar.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”