Not sure what to think about this...

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
HippieWitch

Not sure what to think about this...

Post by HippieWitch »

I've never been so confused at what my abilities give me. Bear with me, this is gonna be long...

So yeah, I haven't slept in 2 days. It doesn't effect my abilities since I have insomnia and have my whole life. Just another part of the day for me. But anyway, haven't slept since I'm anxious about a business proposal I have in a few hours. I showered and as usual, used all my unscented organic soaps and whatnot so I don't have any odor at all. (Not my opinion, it's what others tell me) After drying my hair, I went into the livingroom and dropped something next to my smoke stand beside my recliner I converted into my vape stand. I squated down to get what I dropped, I smelled something. I have only smelled it once in my life and it was close to 20 years ago. It's sorta peppery but more of a "smooth" odor. Anyway, when I smelled that, my vision went black and reminded me of the last time I smelled that smell.

The first time I smelled it, was when I was in primary or middle school. Too tired to calculate it exactly. I was at Dollywood on a field trip. Was waiting in line for a ride, and smelled it when I got close to a teen girl that was there in line in front of me. She had black hair, maybe 5'6"-5'8", curvy, nice butt, and average sized breasts. I'm a lesbian so cut me some slack, I like boobs, lol. Anyway, I never spoke to her or seen her since. I don't understand why I remember that situation so well. The weather was hot, very few clouds in the sky, and I had a Coke to drink in my hand. I was wearing shorts and a tank top on and flip flops. Hair was up. Was in line with my best friend at the time and he was wearing an orange t shirt and skater shorts.

My life changed dramatically after that. I don't want to go into details publicly about what changed, but it was a major change in my life. But, I'm not sure how to interpret this. I'm going to be moving to Denver soon, but that's not really that big of a change for me. I know of nothing else that will change in the next few years, so I'm so confused about all this. Don't have other Wiccans to talk to about this so yeah, here I am.
Shiloh
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not sure what to think about this...

Post by Firebird »

I think the olfactory is one of the strongest of all the senses, it has that ability to "take you back"..so what do you think this memory is trying to tell you? Are you concerned the job will cause a dramatic change, because of the smell?
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

That is called Clairolfaction. I never would have known of such an uncommon psychic power were it not for the fact that I had a friend who discovered precisely such an ability of her in our Circle. She didn't think she had any psychic power at all. In fact she was getting with the Psychic Exercises I asked them to do during our group study.

Then it dawned on her that the psychic information he was getting was from her sense of smell and not from her sense of sight, hearing or touch. She could smell psychic information.

For example, when we had an exercise in psychic empathy, she could smell something like a combination of rose and carnation on the breast part of her partner, although they weren't really sitting that close to each other and her partner was using a different scent of perfume. She found out later she was just married from her current boyfriend and they were madly in-love. Both these flowers symbolize love and marriage.

In another exercise, now in psychic diagnosis, she smelled something bad and stinky in the kidney of another partner who was suffering from a kidney infection. She was able to prove her ability to smell psychic information during a meeting of the graduates of her college course, she again was able to accurately smell the condition of her partner.

I'm not saying this is exactly what you're experiencing though it might be :lol: . You just need to figure out what's the condition of your middle school crush at that time and your condition or your best friend's condition today. They might be the same.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
ness

Post by ness »

HippieWitch - I have had a very similar experience.

About 4 yrs ago, I went to a store that custom makes all sorts of bath gel, moisturizer and so on. They have bunch of essential oils and the customers can pick and choose the ones they like to be mixed together to be added to their product.

I was not really planning on buying anything. I was just there with my friends. I was messing with the oils, just mixing different ones and experimenting. I accidently mixed few oils and when I smelt it I felt like I transformed me back to my childhood. I cant explain in words but it took me back to some time from my childhood. And I said out loud "I know this smell!". But, I didnt get any vision. It was a strong emotion! And it was magical experience. I tried to recollect where I knew that smell from but I still cant pin it down. I did buy a mix of that oil so I would remember. It's the beautiful smell of sandalwood, leather and musk. I would have never mixed leather and musk with sandalwood if it werent for an accident.
HippieWitch wrote:But, I'm not sure how to interpret this. I'm going to be moving to Denver soon, but that's not really that big of a change for me. I know of nothing else that will change in the next few years, so I'm so confused about all this.
While you may think that there is no big changes planned in next few years, life is a mystery! You never know what you will find around the corner. I know my experience doesnt answer any of your questions and doesnt give you any insights. But I just wanted to share the similar experience I have had. It an amazing feeling to be transformed like that in time. And it thrilled me, it got me curious, and it got me excited about life. While I would like to find where I know that smell from, that experience opened me up to the magic thats all around me.
PS: I am not a wicca but I do believe in the magic thats all around us :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Seraphin wrote:Then it dawned on her that the psychic information he was getting was from her sense of smell and not from her sense of sight, hearing or touch. She could smell psychic information.

For example, when we had an exercise in psychic empathy, she could smell something like a combination of rose and carnation on the breast part of her partner, although they were not really sitting that close to each other and her partner was using a different scent of perfume. She found out later she was just married from her current boyfriend and they were madly in-love. Both these flowers symbolize love and marriage.

In another exercise, now in psychic diagnosis, she smelled something bad and stinky in the kidney of another partner who was suffering from a kidney infection. She was able to prove her ability to smell psychic information during a meeting of the graduates of her college course, She again was able to accurately smell the condition of her partner.
I always get giddy when I see that someone else has this weird ability. I guess misery loves company, lol. Yeah, I wrote about some of my moments with the clairolfaction thing here: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... on#p185417 Ugh. Well, at least it's not as bad as being empathic.

Well, hippiewitch, I guess you just have to narrow down what triggered that. At least in the examples I provide in that post, I knew exactly what each smell was referring to, what the correlate was. With time, maybe you'll either figure that mystery out, or you'll have another instance of it and be able to connect what information the smell was connecting to.

Sometimes new abilities surface in our lives like this. New spirit guides do, too. Then, you turn around and it all goes away. It was all there for a purpose, but the purpose passes it/they aren't needed by you anymore. I guess we just have to roll with the psychic punches.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”