I'm beginning to realize...

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Sakura Blossom

I'm beginning to realize...

Post by Sakura Blossom »

That what I follow and what I believe, isn't really lining up with a specific path. I'm really starting to think mine is going to be more eclectic and more my own with self dedication. However, I always thought that my path would be lined up with another belief system, but now that I've found it's really not, I'm not entirely sure what to do. Do I do the self dedication? And how would you do a dedication with yourself? Ah, the questions that are keeping me up past two in the morning. Haha!

This is irrelevant now. Haha. Everything has changed, and I didn't ask to have this removed due to the fact that others were still having conversations on here. But for me personally, I don't need any help on this situation anymore. Thanks though!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: I'm beginning to realize...

Post by loona wynd »

Sakura Blossom wrote:That what I follow and what I believe, isn't really lining up with a specific path. I'm really starting to think mine is going to be more eclectic and more my own with self dedication.
There is nothing wrong with that. This is how things may start. Then over time as you grow and develop relationships you may find things change and that you do find a path that fits you.
Sakura Blossom wrote:However, I always thought that my path would be lined up with another belief system, but now that I've found it's really not, I'm not entirely sure what to do.
Why did you think that you would always fit with another path? If you feel that you need to belong to a specific religion or path then if you follow a Goddess that belongs to a specific pantheon I'd look at the religion or religions associated with that pantheon.
Sakura Blossom wrote:Do I do the self dedication? And how would you do a dedication with yourself?
You ca do a self dedication if you feel that the time is right. If you feel ready to commit to this path and study for an extended period of time.
Sakura Blossom wrote: Ah, the questions that are keeping me up past two in the morning. Haha!
Ask them here and we will do our best to answer them.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, I know there isn't anything wrong. (: I was merely reflecting on it, as I have come so far from where I was originally many years ago. And I wasn't looking for anything and I don't want a religion or a specific path. I just always thought that because my mom did find one that was specific, I'd be the same way (even though I knew it wouldn't be, it was one of those situations where you think it even though you know that's ridiculous, haha. Not everyone has the same path). I really don't want a religion, but if it happens, it happens. I don't want to keep my mind limited to one thing and want to be open for any possibility or I might miss out on amazing opportunities. (:

And I am starting to feel like it is the right time, to do a self dedication. I'm still studying, but I'm finding that because what I believe and do isn't fitting with anything in particular, studying isn't exactly helping other than set up a basis of how to get started. So, I've decided to focus on the basics, and start to form my own way of doing things based on those, while consulting with the powers I work with so that I may continue to gain guidance and find my path. (: I got reassurance from my deity as well, that I am on the right path, so I feel confident that this will work well for me.

It's how to do the self dedication that I was asking a question about, mostly. Haha. I don't know how to do that. I've seen what others do for their paths, but I'm not sure how to turn it into something for me personally.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it! (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I really don't want a religion, but if it happens, it happens. I don't want to keep my mind limited to one thing and want to be open for any possibility or I might miss out on amazing opportunities. (:
I love how you put that! That's a great outlook to have, I think.

I didn't exactly perform a dedication ceremony, per se, but I suppose it was something similar. As I studied, I collected pieces that I ultimately wanted to make part of my permanent altar. As time passed, I would consecrate the items, and then place them. In a way, the journey towards completing my altar was a reflection of my own spiritual journey. Once I felt the time was right, that I was comfortable enough to declare myself a witch and that I was confident enough in myself and my spirituality to believe that, I completed the altar. I still study, and am absolutely still learning, but it was a great moment when everything seemed to kind of 'click'. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh, thank you! I was really nervous I said it wrong or it wouldn't make sense. That makes me feel better! (:

Oh, yes! I think it... Really clicked last night. Well, mostly. I'm getting really, really close, I can feel it. I'm becoming more in tune with everything and it's a very wonderful feeling as well as experience. I'm working hard to try and continue with this. Though, I need to work on how to know if the spirit I'm talking to is good or not. I spoke with one yesterday, as well as sage the house just to make myself feel more comfortable here to do my work, but I went downstairs late at night, and got this AWFUL feeling that some man was standing on the screen porch, staring inside through the sliding doors that are wide open. I was on edge all night, and it came out of nowhere. I think, though, I might have banished something to the outside that was angry it couldn't get back in, but I'm not sure. I'm usually more in tune with this, as it's where I started working and doing things, but this one I can't figure out.

Ah, practice makes perfect. Haha. Thank you! (:

AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Im so eclectic its hysterical.

I just do what I feel drawn to, create things that fit my needs, work with who I feel drawn or called to. It works for me.

I mix different pantheons and I think as long as they all work together and you are successful in your practice/work than all is good.

I think at first when you feel that you are all over the place its not always a sign that you are lost. Maybe it's exactly who you are meant to be.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I think at first when you feel that you are all over the place its not always a sign that you are lost. Maybe it's exactly who you are meant to be.
Well said!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Xiao Rong wrote:
Well said!
Thank you! A lesson I had to learn.

I was trying to fit into this pagan "box" but kept straying to other areas. It took me awhile to realize that this was how my practice was meant to be. Now I borrow the elements that suit me from many different paths. And Ive been more successful than ever this way.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

AnaisStar wrote:Thank you! A lesson I had to learn.

I was trying to fit into this pagan "box" but kept straying to other areas. It took me awhile to realize that this was how my practice was meant to be. Now I borrow the elements that suit me from many different paths. And Ive been more successful than ever this way.
Hiya AnaiStar!

I would suggest that get out of the pagan box. I believe religion puts our mind in a box. When we change our religion, it's like jumping from one box to another box. And you'll find yourself, still inside the box. Imprisoned. :mrgreen:

Go beyond the limitations of paganism. It should be all up to us to check out any spiritual paths we want to explore, and discern for ourselves whether or not their practices and views line up with our own beliefs. In this way, our rituals and works are our own perception of what is true and real. We also do not try to convince others that this is right and that is wrong. We are content to live our personal path in harmony with others, and shuns disagreement and opposition with others.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Seraphin wrote:
AnaisStar wrote:Thank you! A lesson I had to learn.

Hiya AnaiStar!

I would suggest that get out of the pagan box. I believe religion puts our mind in a box. When we change our religion, it's like jumping from one box to another box. And you'll find yourself, still inside the box. Imprisoned. :mrgreen:

Go beyond the limitations of paganism. It should be all up to us to check out any spiritual paths we want to explore, and discern for ourselves whether or not their practices and views line up with our own beliefs. In this way, our rituals and works are our own perception of what is good, true and beautiful. We also do not try to convince others that this is right and that is wrong. We are content to live our personal path in harmony with others, and shuns disagreement and opposition with others.
Oh Ive been out of the box for a very long time now.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

Yay for you!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Sakura Blossom wrote:Oh, I know there isn't anything wrong. (: I was merely reflecting on it, as I have come so far from where I was originally many years ago. And I wasn't looking for anything and I don't want a religion or a specific path. I just always thought that because my mom did find one that was specific, I'd be the same way (even though I knew it wouldn't be, it was one of those situations where you think it even though you know that's ridiculous, haha. Not everyone has the same path). I really don't want a religion, but if it happens, it happens. I don't want to keep my mind limited to one thing and want to be open for any possibility or I might miss out on amazing opportunities. (:
I don't think that following a religion need to make you miss out on opportunities. I dont think that following a specific religious outline as a base or starting point needs to be the entirety of your path. I believe that you can follow religions and still be open to and have spiritual experiences outside of that religion.
Sakura Blossom wrote:And I am starting to feel like it is the right time, to do a self dedication.
Why do you feel that way?
Sakura Blossom wrote: I'm still studying, but I'm finding that because what I believe and do isn't fitting with anything in particular, studying isn't exactly helping other than set up a basis of how to get started. So, I've decided to focus on the basics, and start to form my own way of doing things based on those, while consulting with the powers I work with so that I may continue to gain guidance and find my path. (: I got reassurance from my deity as well, that I am on the right path, so I feel confident that this will work well for me.
If that is the case than you should be able to start having an ideas of what sort of celebrations and holidays you want to include and what sorts of rituals you want to do. If you know this you can begin working with them. If it feels right do it. If something feels off than it probably is off.
Sakura Blossom wrote:It's how to do the self dedication that I was asking a question about, mostly. Haha. I don't know how to do that. I've seen what others do for their paths, but I'm not sure how to turn it into something for me personally.
Here is an entry I have written on my blog about dedications and introduction rituals.Dedication There is a place where I leave it open for basically you to add in and work with what you need to say or do.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

This is very old, so I appreciate the information you gave, but it's somewhat irrelevant now due to the situation changing. Haha. This was before I realized it was Loki and still thought it to be Brigid. (: I will take a look at that dedication information you have, so thank you!

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”