Ways for the depressed empath to ..smile more!

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Ways for the depressed empath to ..smile more!

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I heard this..all my life.

From my own perspective, of course. I grew up in the 70's ..80's.. And I got tired of my mother always telling me that I wore my heart on my sleeve. I had no idea that being an empath was an option.  We played outside, no computers for poor kids like us. I always found strays, That, and I seemed to always find the sad, sick, hurt, people and grew a fondness for them, and tried to help wherever I could. .. When I was a young teen, finding out what all the astrology signs were about, and how mine was cut and paste to my attitude.  My sign is Cancer. The moody, constant worrier, following the waters ebb and flow, I care for everything. I MEAN EVERYTHING.. I've adopted so many animals and kids, And, on occasion, adults.. And tried to help where there was an issue. 

I was too open for a while. 

The sad tale of not knowing what an empath was, or psy vamps were either! I was down a negative depressed life. (I gained anxiety issues, PTSD, and the list goes on and on.) 
What I have learned, ..SHEILD YOURSELF! Watch for the signs..and be proactive in your attitude. There's a silver lining in most things, and you must look for it... Don't let others drag you down. You have a choice, and responsibility to help yourself . Do small things that make YOU happy. Go for walks, (I know the winter has put a lot of us indoors, try to step out and breathe in fresh air.Ostara is tomorrow,..plenty of reasons to just make a fun holiday party. (even if it's" I'm having a good hair day") take advantage of the day, or night..(all of us here know how much fun Witchy nights can be!)  Take advantage of being a parent to a fur baby.(they won't complain!) if you have furbaby's, give them extra love. Hug your friends. A 20 second hug releases those feel better chemicals in your brain. The more you hug.. the lengthier time you hug, can cut costs on going to the doc, getting those damn pills that do it chemically...(and yes, some of us need those medicines) I'm not against helping yourself that way. Just make sure your not over medicated!
Reach out! Phone a friend, get online. Talk to new people. ..It's exactly what I did, and have gained some wonderful new friends. (yes just pen pals have made me a better, happier person) one of them, right here on this forum.. She referred me here! .. Yes, missy, you know who you are! And this forum has been so friendly and inviting! (was in a toxic forum, and it was obvious, so it went bust) I'm very glad I got out of it.. Yes, some people will make you a target, if you let them... Ignore the nay Sayers .. My entire family (my maternal side) I had to let go of. Yes. I divorced the lot of them. And I'm a happier person for it.

And let's not forget why we are all here. In this forum. Being a pagan and finding those like minded spirits! Look towards your spirituality. Try to get in tuned with your inner God or Goddess! Take up learning about other pagans and their Witchy ways..  Scoop up a good book. Get your read on! Light a candle or 20 and set your personal space up to be inviting to you. (clean up, it will lighten the mood in your area) reset your altar... Add to or rearrange, or repurpose those items! (be aware and friendly to our enviroment. Those 3 R's .. Remember them. Get active if your able.

I hope that in some small way this post has helped you. Me helping out, will make me feel better. It's why I'm posting it.
Have a healthier, happier year my blessed friends.

)0(
MOTHERofDRAGONS

These are just a few scraps of helpful advice. I learned the hard way.. Hope this has been enlightening
Kassandra

Re: Ways for the depressed empath to ..smile more!

Post by Kassandra »

Nice recommendations, MotherofDragons.

MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

I have more... However, I I'll address them as they arise! Feel free to add your own. If it helps you, chances are, it will help others!

Take care of yourself
)0(
Mama
Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Well said, Mother of Dragons. We all need a little pick me up every now and then. As you said, we have all come to this forum for the same reason, to meet like minded people. I, for one, have met a lot of lovely people and have learned a lot along the way. Chin up, everyone!

BB
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Definitely enlightening. I'm always up for ::hug::
:)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

MOTHERofDRAGONS wrote: Feel free to add your own.
Here's some more: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 12577.html

Vesca

Post by Vesca »

I think my process might be a bit "backwards" in the eyes of some people, but I'm sure it can't hurt.

Having been born and raised into my teens in a toxic nightmare of a home, I rarely had the energy to even focus on doing simple shielding and grounding techniques. That's not something I was able to get a handle on until later without any external help.

So my absolute first recommendation would be to learn how to shield and ground, even if you have to leave whatever current location you're at for a more peaceful one. Then find some sort of pendant or stone to carry on you to help you trigger that process when you're in a stressful situation that requires it but you're lacking the energy or focus to be able to do it without a little support.

My other tactics include re-arranging the furniture in my home/room (for some reason it allows a change of perspective and it also lets you clean out dust bunnies), cleaning and organizing belongings (often that part includes the purging of items that I feel are only reminding me of negatives), preparing a list of things to say to people that will excuse you from any situation and allow you to go outside for a walk, listening to music, locking the door and playing video games or watching a movie for as long as it takes to get those emotions under control (even if they aren't your emotions, it helps to bring out your own inner calm if it becomes a ritual).

One last thing, and it kind of ties into the earlier stone concept of attaching that automatic shield and ground response into an object; when you're in a very good mood (calm, centered, controlled, happy) take the time to create something that you can look at later when you're feeling overwhelmed. It will remind you that this too shall pass and it may even instill some of your own positive energy into your psyche just by looking at it (after all, you did put your own positive energy into it). For me, these things are often drawings or other random things I've made by hand. Physical, stable things that are in full view daily, not things I have to hide in a cupboard.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”