not an altar, but my pyramid

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
GregoryLionborn

not an altar, but my pyramid

Post by GregoryLionborn »

I found this more pale (instead of the darker, richer color most people prefer) amethyst pyramid while I was in Sedona last summer (2013). I went through my favorite crystal healing store with my pup and parents (family vacation), and spotted a set of amethyst pyramids they were selling. Most of them were fairly pricey as pyramids tend to be, but I noticed this one was on a 'discount' shelf. They said it was there because the shipment had taken damage in transit, even though the pyramid I was looking at had minor scrapes at worst. I was actually pushing for a full (or more full) price, because I didn't think there was any way it deserved to be on a damage discount, but they insisted.

Anyway, I digress! This beautiful pyramid has been amazing to have. It holds energy so amazingly well, and because of where I placed it, the sun will cut through the edge of the blinds at a certain time, and connect with the pyramid. If the blinds are closed, the pyramid lights up with a beautiful purple/violet light in the middle of a darker room. (the photo is when the sun started moving away from it already, but you can see what I mean)

It's brought a surprising amount of energy and focus to me, and I couldn't be happier with a purchase like this. :)

So, it's not a part of an altar, but it's definitely my current favorite.
Attachments
best amethyst pyramid photo.jpg
Eternity begins, and ends, with the ocean's tides.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: not an altar, but my pyramid

Post by Firebird »

Beautiful Gregory, :D I love amethyst, as it is a very good conductor of higher realm connections, and it sounds like the stone is working well for you...one thing though I would like to caution you on....sun will bleach the color of the stone if continually exposed, (fluorite too) A momentary charge is good, But I ruined a good one that was in the garden for a short time.
Your lucky to go to cool places like Sedona with your family...sounds like fun.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GregoryLionborn

I understand. I plan on taking good care of it to make sure it lasts in the kind of shape it deserves to be in. :)

Are there any other stones you might recommend? No specific purpose I'm looking for, but I am planning on expanding what I have.

I agree! I haven't been able to travel to many places as of yet, so I'm glad that one of the ones that's easy to get to is Sedona. It's perfect for people like myself. (and most of us here, I wager!)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

You have a nice collection of stones there, It would be hard to narrow down a list though.
You mentioned energy and focus as a quality you really like in the stone.
I think many stones have the potential to be excellent conductors of energy (physical and psychic or spiritual) while others assist in focus...and for that the stone could be almost anything, if when you gaze upon it you are "reminded"...then the stone becomes the trigger that keeps you focused.
Some Stones for energy are Clear quartz, fluorite, Malachite, Amythyst, diamond, emerald, green aventurine, rose quartz. But the list is vast and can vary for each individual. Like amethyst really works for you but others might find rose quartz really gives them strength.
I personally like smoky quartz and hematite. The smoky quartz works really well in draining off bad and/or excessive energy, I think when it drains the negative energy it make way for the good to flow in. So for that reason, I really like it for gaining some juice! The hematite empowers me through protection I believe. When I feel safe and know the bad juju is being deflected by my hematite, then I am empowered by that and thus filled with energy.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GregoryLionborn

Ahhh, makes sense! I had bought a chunk of a turquoise a few years ago, and was thinking about turning it into a pendant. It's beautiful, and seems to have a good 'click' with me. I'll try to post a photo if/when that gets done. I'll also try to experiment and see what other stones/gems work with me.
River SilverWolf

Post by River SilverWolf »

That's cool! I actually use pyramids too. I don't have a ton of space or in some cases I don't want to be too obvious if the in laws are visiting!
I make my own pyramids from Resin. I have some with stones inside and some with various herbs, flowers, depending on the season. I am also asthmatic and we have pet birds so I can't really burn incense or herbs. Instead I use the pyramid to represent my honoring of the goddess or the sabbat.

GregoryLionborn

Those are really quite beautiful! I had never thought of anything like that, before. It seems like it would be a great way to incorporate a bit of yourself (literally) into the connection, as well.
River SilverWolf

Post by River SilverWolf »

I love making them and you are right! You literally connection during creation :)
each layer takes 24 hours as well so it really is a great process.
AnaisStar

Post by AnaisStar »

Great altar and collection.

Return to “Altar Pictures”