A Psychic Vampyre?

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Falcon_Heart27

A Psychic Vampyre?

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

So, I've been doing some reading on psychic vampyres, mainly because I think that someone that I go to school with might be one. Let's refer to him as "K".

K is almost a complete stranger to me, but we've interacted a lot by means of energy. It usually happens on the bus ride home.
He will make repeated eye contact with me, or even touch my arm or something when he walks past me. Then when I get off the bus and go home, I start to feel very tired and foggy, even if I had been feeling great all day. It happens quite often, almost as if he prefers to feed off of my energy as opposed to others.
Another thing that he does is that he seems to pick up my emotions and "play them back", but more extreme. For example, during one bus ride, I was showing some other students a painting that I had made. K was sitting quietly to the side, observing and listening but not talking.
The painting triggered a memory in me that made me feel a bit reminiscent and sad. I looked up and saw K, who had been perfectly happy moments before, and he was close to crying. His eyes were brimming with tears.

Something similar to this happened on another occasion, where instead of a one-way energy feed, we seemed to be giving and taking from each other. He had been walking past me, but we made eye contact and he stopped. He looked intently at me, and I stared back. Then for the next almost 50 seconds, I swear we had an entire conversation just with our eyes. I could see thoughts and emotions shift behind his eyes, it was amazing. And I could almost feel him taking energy from me, but at the same time, pushing his own energy towards me. All of my senses were heightened immensely. It felt somewhat like an adrenaline rush, but on a deeper level, if you will. Then I broke eye contact, and he quietly sat back down.

Another thing that I've read about being common in psychic vampyres is that they are generally negative people. That's where K gets confusing....he can be a downright JERK sometimes, and the most arrogant, rude person you could imagine. But that's when he's around his friends, and that's how teenage boys are...right? But other times, he's as sweet as pie and a complete darling. I've seen him take the time to comfort crying strangers and small children, talk with an old woman about the weather, and make a valentine for each of his teachers, even though his friends make fun of him for it.

I barely know him, but I feel the need to look further into this because A) I find the idea of psychic vampirism fascinating, and B) if he keeps on feeding off of me like this, I may need to defend myself in some way. Not that I really mind him taking some of my energy, I mean, he "needs" it, right? And I don't want to deprive him of that. But if he ever tries to drain me or someone else too much, I want to know how to shield myself from these "attacks".

So, that's about it. More than anything, this is just something that I've wanted to get off of my chest for a while. I'd love to hear any thoughts/comments/questions on this subject!

~Falcon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Psychic Vampyre?

Post by Firebird »

I'm Jaded on this one, but my best advise is RUN!!! far far away
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Garlic, definitely.

Alternatively create a poppet of him and hang him upside down from the clothesline for a while, preferably in broad daylight.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

firebirdflys wrote:I'm Jaded on this one, but my best advise is RUN!!! far far away
FF
I wish I could, but I have to go to school with him every day! :o
I'll try to avoid him as best as I can.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Garlic, definitely.
Really? That seems a bit...stereotypical, don't you think? But then again, I have no knowledge of these things, so I guess I'll have to trust you on this one.
In what way would I use it? Needless to say, he'd get pretty mad if I just started pelting him with it. XD
(That last part was a bad attempt at a joke...sorry...)
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Haha, I think we mods are a little cynical at the moment because just a few weeks ago we were dealing with some very obnoxious self-identified psychic vampires here on the forum ... I would just say that if you can't avoid him, shielding sounds like a very good idea. And even outside of psychic vampires, I would steer very carefully around people who are super sweet one minute and rude and mean the next. It is indeed very common among teenage boys, and hopefully a phase that young people grow out of, but it also makes for very unhealthy friendships and relationships (regardless of age). Especially when said person is simultaneously really alluring or mesmerizing. Just pay really close attention to your gut instinct, that's all.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
random417

Post by random417 »

Falcon, 2 books I can suggest, you may have encountered already...
Michelle Bellanger (sp?) Psychic Vampire Codex, and Dion Fortunes Phychic Self Defense

Also, a trick I picked up... a hematite ring grounds a vamps feeding energy, but ONLY if they are unaware of feeding
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
random417

Post by random417 »

Outside of that, it also sounds like he could be into you a little. From my experience, his energy is drawn to you over others due to his fascination with you. Others thoughts on that?
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

random417 wrote:Outside of that, it also sounds like he could be into you a little.
*Cringe* I'm going to try to forget that you ever said that. It's not a problem with looks, it's a problem with personality....he can be nice, but most times, he's very mean, even to me. And he's ridiculously immature.
(On a side note, he actually looks a little bit like a hobbit. Barely over 5' tall, with curly dark hair and big blue eyes.)
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

So I'm still on the fence about how wary I should be about him....If I begin to feel like I really need to ward him off, maybe I'll carry some birch twigs and bay leaf...? I've heard that they have pretty good protective properties. Thoughts, anyone?
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Surround yourself with white light when you are around him. Also picture static tv signal around you and waves of the ocean this boggles their intent.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Isis3Anubis

Post by Isis3Anubis »

Carry a black stone like onyx or jet programmed to protect from psychic vampires. Cleanse the stone, then hold in your projective hand while picturing the stone forming a shield of protective light around you. It is important to also see in your mind any negative energy being deflected out of harms way. This will keep it from unintentionally harming someone who does not realize they are sending negative energy your way. Always with the adage, "An It Harm None." This prevents any backfires.
She's just pieces of me you've never seen ~ Tori Amos
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Update: "K" hasn't been at school lately. He's probably sick or something. (I didn't do anything, I swear!) This means a bit of an easier time for me, but either way, I hope he's okay...
In other news, I crafted something of a protective charm for myself if the time comes when I need to use it. I took a plain snail shell that I found by the riverbank, then I raided the kitchen cupboards and the houseplants. I filled it with a crushed bay leaf, some African Violet, and a few drops of lavender oil.

I'll try some of your suggestions, too, but I was eager to put something together :)
Do you think the shell will be effective? I plan on carrying it in my pocket.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Well that *might* protect you from the potentially romantic attentions of a creepy vampiric hobbit.

In situations such as these you might also chase him down the road with a stick (cough ...stake ...cough)

Garlic - also my attempt at humour... It happens sometimes smiley_dance goodnevil :fairy:
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Well that *might* protect you from the potentially romantic attentions of a creepy vampiric hobbit.
This description- is PERFECT- and I don't think I've laughed so hard all week.
-Dark-Moon- wrote:In situations such as these you might also chase him down the road with a stick (cough ...stake ...cough)
Every day, the temptation grows stronger....

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”