Fire pit

Discussion of ritual tools and other items used in the Craft.
Holdasown

Fire pit

Post by Holdasown »

Finally, I got one today. They are marked down since it's winter. Now I can do fire stuff outside. yeah.
random417

Re: Fire pit

Post by random417 »

You're throwing a bonfire for everyone for Beltane, right? Sorry, couldn't resist.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

smiley_dance It's on!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

oooo I love fire, wanna play with matches? hehehehe.
I saw a real nice one at the Home Depot with stars and moons cut in the side of the metal ring, maybe I better go see if it is on sale.
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

firebirdflys wrote:I saw a real nice one at the Home Depot with stars and moons cut in the side of the metal ring, maybe I better go see if it is on sale.
OMG take me with you! That sounds adorable. smileylove Much cuter than using the grill for fire rituals. :P
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Sheeze Kass, now I have fire pit envy!
I saw the one I wanted in that list, but it isn't at the Home depot anymore.
My pit is just a hole in the ground with bricks around it. Slap a grill on it and it becomes the BBQ!
Did I ever tell the story about our old house and the pit there?
Bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

firebirdflys wrote:Sheeze Kass, now I have fire pit envy!
I saw the one I wanted in that list, but it isn't at the Home depot anymore.
My pit is just a hole in the ground with bricks around it. Slap a grill on it and it becomes the BBQ!
Did I ever tell the story about our old house and the pit there?
Bb, FF
That is what the pit at camp is like. Good eatin'. Never heard that story.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fire is our God given right, anyone on the path of the wise should familarize themselves with proper fire building techniques.

My fire story happened on a Sunday in 1994. We had been cleaning up the yard when I was suddenly compelled to build a fire pit. I don't know what struck me... we had already lived in the house for 4 years, and all my fire needs had been met by this small terra cotta bowl. I had an urgency to make a more substantial holder of fire. Something that could sustain a bonfire. I spent the day plotting out the site ...a fine space between two trees where we could dance around it if we wanted and there was plenty of room for flames to flare high. I dug a large hole, pounded the dirt base and lined the inside rim with bricks. It was big enough to need a real running start to clear the hole...flames and all, if you were to jump it.
Anyway... this took all day and in the end I set a nice big fire but was too tired to light it and stay up while it burned. So me and the family went to bed, the next day was Martin Luther King day...a holiday for the kids, and they were going fishing at the local pond in the a.m.
(I had mentioned in another thread about tarot, that this day we pulled the death and tower card, a daily practice for an overview of the next 24 hours) not a great reading but we carried on in anticipation of some kind of earth shattering personal transformation.
Well ...if you lived in Los Angeles in 1994 you may remember that holiday because it was January 17th. At 4:30 a.m. the Earth shook, hard. We were all thrown into pitch blackness, no power no moon. The tower and death had become a reality. Before 5 a.m. rolled around, half the neighborhod was in our backyard huddled around the bonfire riding through the afterschocks, waiting for the sun to come up.
Who would have thought that fire just waiting to be lit would be sooooo handy!
We also ended up cooking on the fire too, and had about 3 families living in our yard for about 2 weeks until power, water and roads got re organized.
BB, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Wow.

Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

firebirdflys wrote:Fire is our God given right, anyone on the path of the wise should familarize themselves with proper fire building techniques.

My fire story happened on a Sunday in 1994. We had been cleaning up the yard when I was suddenly compelled to build a fire pit. I don't know what struck me... we had already lived in the house for 4 years, and all my fire needs had been met by this small terra cotta bowl. I had an urgency to make a more substantial holder of fire. Something that could sustain a bonfire. I spent the day plotting out the site ...a fine space between two trees where we could dance around it if we wanted and there was plenty of room for flames to flare high. I dug a large hole, pounded the dirt base and lined the inside rim with bricks. It was big enough to need a real running start to clear the hole...flames and all, if you were to jump it.
Anyway... this took all day and in the end I set a nice big fire but was too tired to light it and stay up while it burned. So me and the family went to bed, the next day was Martin Luther King day...a holiday for the kids, and they were going fishing at the local pond in the a.m.
(I had mentioned in another thread about tarot, that this day we pulled the death and tower card, a daily practice for an overview of the next 24 hours) not a great reading but we carried on in anticipation of some kind of earth shattering personal transformation.
Well ...if you lived in Los Angeles in 1994 you may remember that holiday because it was January 17th. At 4:30 a.m. the Earth shook, hard. We were all thrown into pitch blackness, no power no moon. The tower and death had become a reality. Before 5 a.m. rolled around, half the neighborhod was in our backyard huddled around the bonfire riding through the afterschocks, waiting for the sun to come up.
Who would have thought that fire just waiting to be lit would be sooooo handy!
We also ended up cooking on the fire too, and had about 3 families living in our yard for about 2 weeks until power, water and roads got re organized.
BB, Firebird
Holy moly. That's crazy. Good thing you followed your gut for you and your neighbors.

Return to “Ritual Items and Tools”