Is He My Familiar Now?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Falcon_Heart27

Is He My Familiar Now?

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Hello, everyone.
I've just got a question about animals being familiars.
A few days ago, I asked my cat Oliver if he would be my familiar (we have a very strong bond). I know that some people say you'll hear a voice, the voice of your familiar, giving you an answer.
I heard nothing so I assumed that the answer was no, or he "just wasn't getting it."
Yesterday, he started getting very clingy to me. Following me around, sitting in my lap, and waking up if I walked past the room he was napping in. He even decided to sit on my shoulder as I was using the computer.
Then it got strange- Oliver seemed to suddenly get very in tune to my interests.

As I was scrolling through Tumblr, he decided to jump into my lap and watch the computer screen. Then he began stepping on the arrow keys and scrolling down the page! He stopped on a picture of my favorite actor and began to rub his head against the screen and purr. (This made me smile.) Then he turned around and started rubbing his head on MY face. Then he jumped down and went away...

Then earlier today, I was playing the piano and he decided to perch on the edge and slap a few keys. He kept giving me this very intense look, I swear it was like he was learning.
Shortly after, he climbed onto the bookshelf (I love reading) and started sniffing all of the books. Until he sneezed and fell over.

Then, I went upstairs and logged onto this forum. As soon as I began typing this post, he ran up the stairs and jumped up next to me. Now he's just snoozing...

So, do you think this is his way of telling me that he has accepted my offer of becoming my familiar? Maybe the reason that I didn't get an answer the first day is because he was still deciding... Just like me, very indecisive. ;)

So what do you think? I'd love to hear any comments.

~Falcon
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: Is He My Familiar Now?

Post by loona wynd »

There is a debate as to if a person's pet can also be their familiar. Some believe yes and some believe no. I personally think that yes they can be. I would personally try again to contact his spirit and see if you can get a clearer message this time. I would recomend you read this book:Animal Familiars for Beginners.

It may give you a starting point.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Cool post, Falcon heartz

And loona I just checked out that book, it looks really cool.

Falcon it does sound as if you feel Oliver is responding to you. Keep working with him and you can try making him special offerings to reflect his new post as your 'familiar'.

I was thinking of this post when I added the video on Animal Communication in the psychic communication forum.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26267.html

Hope you like it. Keep us informed as to how you're going!

Blessings, Dark Moon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:And loona I just checked out that book, it looks really cool.
It is really cool. What I like about that book is that it has stories in it. I wrote the review that is there on Amazon. I think I also posted the review on the forums here but I cant remember for sure.

The other thing I like about the book is that it covers working with pets as familiars, local wildlife, and disincarnate spirits as guides (as in those that may have dragons or mythical animals as familiars for example). It includes several rituals and practices that can be done to connect with all of those types of familiars.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Sounds right up my alley. Did you have any success with any of them?
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Sounds right up my alley. Did you have any success with any of them?
I have had succsess with connecting to a disincarnate spirit. I work with Dragons in that regards. There is a ritual to atune you and your pet familiar together under the full moon. i haven't done it yet though. He hasn't quite responded to any of the names I have tried to give him. Though the mental communication aspect does work.
Falcon_Heart27

Post by Falcon_Heart27 »

Thanks to both of you! You've been really helpful.
Why am I not surprised...as soon as I started typing this, Oliver woke up from sleeping upstairs, sprinted downstairs and jumped into my lap. He likes it when I'm on this forum... :)
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Ha, my kitties attempt hostile takeovers of all electronic devices....
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:Ha, my kitties attempt hostile takeovers of all electronic devices....
Mine does the same thing. He demands my complete and undivided attention.

Return to “Animals and Pets”