Qabalah Question

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Mistress Venus

Qabalah Question

Post by Mistress Venus »

Hello,
I was just wondering if any of you have read any qabalah magic books and how/if you use then in your practice?
random417

Re: Qabalah Question

Post by random417 »

Hi! I'll get to posting an intro tomorrow, but this made me laugh so hard I woke the baby. I'm a Ceremonial Magician that's mostly stopped by here because the communities are better on the Pagan boards than the CM ones. Qabalah is actually my primary way to work. If you have questions, I'll do what I can, if you were just curious, now we have a funny story lol
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Thank you for sharing your knowledge of high magic with us, Random.

@ renaissance.girl - some books you might find useful are Chicken Qabala, Magick: Liber ABA book 4, 777 and other Qabalistic workings.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
random417

Post by random417 »

Chicken Qabala is great, and Israel Regardie's Garden of Pomegranates. 777 is more of a reference than anything cohesive, but it is a good one. Modern Magick by Donald Craig is good too, although he's kind of the Ravenwolf of high magick.

Also, @ Dark Moon, wrote, you don't pull punches, the Crowley isn't exactly light reading ;)
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Lol yeah I did think that right after I posted it, but what the hell, Fortune favours the brave. halfsm

How about the Qabalah workbook for magicians? (Anne Kraft) - basic intro.

Lmfao @ Craig being Silverravenwolf of high magic... Nearly woke the cat :fairy:
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
random417

Post by random417 »

I haven't seen the workbook yet, but that's probably closer to what she's looking for for now.

@ renaissance girl- qabalah is complex, I'd suggest starting with the work book dark moon suggests, then if you're still interested in learning more, Modern Magick and the Chicken Qabala. The last few we listed are pretty scholarly (by which I mean Crowley reads like a high school math book, and Regardie like a phone book), but the most comprehensive.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

random417 wrote:I haven't seen the workbook yet, but that's probably closer to what she's looking for for now.

@ renaissance girl- qabalah is complex, I'd suggest starting with the work book dark moon suggests, then if you're still interested in learning more, Modern Magick and the Chicken Qabala. The last few we listed are pretty scholarly (by which I mean Crowley reads like a high school math book, and Regardie like a phone book), but the most comprehensive.
Oddly enough I'd probably find those more useful then. I do better with harder to read academic books than I do easy to read books. Maybe its because I find that the easy to read intro books do to much to gloss over the concepts. They dont go indepth which is what I want before I start messing around with any sort of magical and energetic force. I know that shit can go majorly wrong if you don't have any idea what you are doing. Ive found those books (the easy to read books) to be perfect for jumping in and not really knowing what your doing. They make you feel that after you read them you know enough to do the work completely. I don't think that is always the case,
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

I read "Mystical Quabalah" by Dion Fortune. Can't say I fully understood it, though as I found it in English and as it is after all a foreign language for me, I found it tough reading a book with the dictionary. :)

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”