What would you call this path?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Sakura Blossom

What would you call this path?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

As of right now, I am not sure what this is. I saw that druidry was with the Celtic traditions, but I'm not sure if I'd consider myself that or not.

What I'm interested in working with are the fey and some of the Celtic deities while still acknowledging the existence of the others, just focusing more on the ones I wish to work with, more specifically Brigid.

I'm still in the learning curve here, so any information I can get I will greatly appreciate!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Heartsong

Re: What would you call this path?

Post by Heartsong »

If you're interested in working with the Fae, then I would recommend looking into Green Witchcraft as a starting point in your research. We (I consider myself one) very often interact and work closely with the Fey Folk, leaving them offerings and inviting them to dwell close to our homes. There is a great deal of Celtic influence in this aspect of the craft as well. Ann Moura has written several excellent books on the subject, and she has a great website here:

http://www.annmourasgarden.com/green.shtml
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you very much! I never knew the name of what to look up, so it was very difficult to find what I need on the subject. I appreciate the link, I will look into it!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

You're welcome! :) Other branches of paganism also work with Faeries, but green witchcraft is always the first thing that pops into my mind. There is also a type of Wicca that's called Feri, and they also practice closely with the Fey. I'll link them to you here as well:

www.feritradition.com
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you very much! I did have some information on how to bless the altar for the fey (which is all I've done, I definitely don't want to start working with them until I know how), so I did that for them... And it was very interesting, because I kid you not, strange things started happening in my room after that. Strange but good things. It made me feel good about what I was choosing to do. (: I will look into both of these, thank you very much!

Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

http://gardenofthequeen.tumblr.com/post ... -resources

Here's a post from a friend of mine that compiled a list of resources on honoring the fae in your beliefs

http://gardenofthequeen.tumblr.com/search/druid

And here's a post explaining a bit more in depth of what druidry is. This thread really intrigued me so I made sure to subscribe to it and I just recently got a reply from my friend :p I hope these help you :) happy reading!
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Oh gosh! I totally missed this post, I apologize! Thank you so much, I will look into it.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”