Is There one type of witch craft stronger than another?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Aceso

Re: Is There one type of witch craft stronger than another?

Post by Aceso »

Kassandra wrote:.

Starwitch wrote:
Kassandra wrote: I don't know, I like Gandalf's wavy, wash-n-wear look better. Saruman's flat-ironed look is just
too...flat. Saruman's hi-tech iWand 6 is cool, though. Gandalf really should upgrade. I think after
losing this fight, he did.
smiley_dance Kassandra, you are so silly! lol :fairy:
Haha, I like to keep it light Starwitch, I really do.

p3nathan wrote:...it could indeed be a malicious Voodoo practitioner. However it isn't the only possibility.
But, back to your original post, Aceso. I think comments here pretty much lean toward it's a matter of the practitioner's abilities and how the spell was cast, not so much what "type of witchcraft is stronger than another." Personally, I've seen wannabe Voodoo practitioners who find out the hard way they hadn't taken the time to properly acquire the skills and training they liked believing they somehow automatically had (which is always amusing to see, no matter what the wannabe' spiritual path actually is, lol).

Likewise, I have seen grounded, focused Wiccans cast some pretty strong, effective spells, so it would be a mistake to think Wicca, for example, is "weaker" than other types of magic. Based on my observations, I've come to believe it all depends on the practitioner, and as dreadedpsychopomp pointed out above, other factors involved in how the spell was cast.

dreadedpsychopomp wrote:Can you say more about the situation in general? What specifically makes you think it's vodou?
If you would like EUTM members to make suggestions on what your friend should do at this point, as dreadedpsychopomp mentioned it would be helpful if you provided more details about the situation, so they could have a more complete picture of what exactly is going on.

But if the comments on this thread have already answered your question, at least somewhat, it would be nice if you would let us know that too, so we won't keep posting on this topic, blindly.

Thanks.

Thanks for answering.

Aceso

Post by Aceso »

My friend like I said has been getting scratches on his body for over a month and a half. I have tried cleansing the apartment with sage. Splashing holy water through out the place and burning candles. He gets messages in his dreams and I feel this is a form of attack from ex wife. But I was recently told that this is a spirit that is not really malicious. It tends to go after people that have strong abilities. Once I know the name of spirit I will post it. She told him to light candles and he must cleanse himself between the hours of 1 and 3 which is ususally when the attacks happen. We have had pictures turn around in the frams and cabinets open. So that is the up date. Again sorry for late responces. Thanks for help. Since I am new with consistentaly tapping into healing work I know this is more than healing.
Oh the person that told him this is an old hispanic woman (puerto rican). He is american/puerto rican. I'm wondering if it a cultural thing. Would it follow people, decendants from this country? Allot of questions I know. Sorry.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Aceso wrote:Oh the person that told him this is an old hispanic woman (puerto rican). He is american/puerto rican. I'm wondering if it a cultural thing. Would it follow people, decendants from this country? Allot of questions I know. Sorry.
Ah, OK, noowwww we're getting somewhere. This is why I was asking for more details. Now I have a context for what's going on. Yes, it is very likely that he was what they call, "crossed up" somehow, and it sounds pretty serious now that I know the cultural details of his past. By the way, with all due respect to the old lady, I have NEVER heard of a spirit that "goes after" people, gives them nightmares, scratches them, messes with picture frames and cupboards in their homes and otherwie terrorizes them...to ever be considered NICE and "not really malicious." Sounds pretty malicious to me. Yes, if you get the name of said spirit, please post it.

In my opinion, it's more likely that there was a curse done on him in the Santeria tradition, which is one of the main spiritual paths in Puerto Rico. Most who practice it also consider themselves to be Roman Catholic Christians or Pentacostal Christians as well, and practice witchcraft and Christianity in their lives simultaneously. This is very common, so don't assume because someone outwardly professes Christianity they're not also practicing Santeria behind closed doors. Then again, don't assume they do, either. Best to get the facts.

From what you're telling me, in his case it does sound like he needs to be uncrossed. Kind of a general rule of thumb is, if possible, the best way to lift a curse is through the same religion from which it originated. So, the first thing to do is find out specifically what the ex-wife's religion is. If it is Catholic or Pentacostal, chances are she also practices Santeria, and either did the curse herself, or got a Santero or Santera to do it for her (if you could find out if she did, that would be even better). Your guy will need to likewise find a competent Santero or Santera to do the uncrossing work on him. I know you mean well, but sage smoke and holy water are not going to make a dent in this situation, unfortunately. It is more complicated than that.

A Santero/a will probably want to do a divination on him and the entire situation first, to see what he/she is really dealing with before accepting the case. And to answer your question, yes this could be a cultural/familial thing. Meaning, the curse could be on him specifically, or it could be on his entire family line. Sounds more like it's just on him, though, as it's not uncommon for exspouses to do these kinds of things. But I wouldn't know for sure.
Below is a little blurb on Santeria. Like it says, find the nearest botanica near you (Google it), and talk to someone there. Good luck.

Among many of the African customs and beliefs, Santería played and still plays an important role in Puerto Rican culture. The practice of Santería dates to the fifteenth century when its earliest practitioners - members of the Yoruba people of West Africa - were brought to Puerto Rico as slaves. Not allowed to practice their traditional religion, the Santería priests, called Santeros, hid their rituals under the guise of Roman Catholic figures. To find out more about Santería and its rituals, you should visit a Botánica, a specialized shop that sells a variety of articles such as figurines of plastic, wood, wax and porcelain, pictures of saints, rosary beads, candles, dried herbs, amulets, prayer books, and other religious pieces, mixing Christian, African and Caribbean motifs.

Adapted from: topuertorico.org/culture/folklore.shtml

Aceso

Post by Aceso »

Thank you so much for the insight. I will look into the Botanica shop and a person who is skilled in this.
Aceso

Post by Aceso »

I just wrote a question about ghost. The scratches have stopped but now other things are happening.

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p195129

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”