Is my element water?

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
MeowImACat

Is my element water?

Post by MeowImACat »

I don't really know if this has anything to do with the elements but, Everytime I focus my mind to rain while looking at the sky, It rains. I have done this several times already but I wonder if my element is water. :) <3<3
Last edited by Kassandra on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Original title, "I have a question" did not reflect post's content
p3nathan

Re: Is my element water?

Post by p3nathan »

It's quite possible. I find some people are so in tune with their element that they can actually communicate with it some times without even trying. I had similar experiences with air; raising winds or calming them. It was mainly an emotional thing, but then I started looking at the sky and talking to the spirits (in my mind) and I've since been able to summon not only wind but other types of weather like rain and mist.
Klia

Post by Klia »

You'll know what element is yours. For example, my element is water. I would kill to be a mermaid or a fish and live under water. If I could breath in water, I'd never come back to the shore. I love rain, pools, oceans, rivers, lakes, baths, you name it. I love the feel of it, how it sounds, the rippling it makes. I would rather take a bath or go swimming than anything else. Plus, when I'm swimming, I never want to stop.

That's just me though. Some know their element is fire because they love the smell, the heat, the look of it. Do you love cooking? Burning things? Having bonfires? Do you personally feel a shift inside you when you are near it? Does it resonate with you in a way that as soon as you use all 5 senses to feel it, the world stops and it's just you and the fire? Some may love air, they love the gush of wind on their face, the smells it carries, birds, trees blowing, etc. If your element is earth, you may love rocks, trees, stones, sand, grass, walking barefoot in the dirt, etc.
"The will to do, the soul to dare is yours for the taking if you prepare."
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

You know your element because it is whichever one you are most connected to. Or you could be connected to more than one. Your zodiac sign can also help determine your element. If you want to control elements you need to ask the Gods for abilities. They test what you do with the abilities.

Are you an emotional, artistic person? Do you feel strongly connected to water? If you do, you're a water element. If you're scared of most natural water resources, especially the ocean, then you're not. My suggestion is to individually get to know the elements.

Aries can mean fire, Taurus can mean earth, Gemini can mean air, Cancer can mean water, Leo can mean fire, Virgo can mean earth, Libra can mean air, Scorpio can mean water, Sagittarius can mean fire, Capricorn can mean earth, Aquarius can mean air, and Pisces can mean water.

But, for example, you can be a Cancer, but fire always soothes you, that's ok too. You can tell if you are connected to them all though, because you feel no strong feeling for one over the other. Sorry for my jumbled answer, hope some of it made sense;)
I am always never not broken.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Saskia is right - we can have different relationships with the elements, more than just "this is my element".

For instance, I think I identify strongly with water (I find it beautiful and mesmerizing, and I am also emotional and intuitive). However, I find that I was mostly raised to be in tune with air (in terms of being intellectual, but also taught to be rootless and ungrounded), so that comes easily to me, and I find it useful. I find fire powerful and inspiring, and something that I can draw strength from even if it's not my most natural state. I find earth hardest to connect with, but I also want to remedy that, because I can feel its absence in my life and I don't like feeling that way.

Again, we can have complex relationships with all the elements (and we probably all do); one might best fit your temperament, but another that you aspire to embody, another that disgusts you, or another that you admire in other people but don't necessarily care to develop in yourself. My main advice is to not limit yourself to thinking that this one element is "yours" above all others.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Xiao Rong wrote:Saskia is right - we can have different relationships with the elements, more than just "this is my element".

For instance, I think I identify strongly with water (I find it beautiful and mesmerizing, and I am also emotional and intuitive). However, I find that I was mostly raised to be in tune with air (in terms of being intellectual, but also taught to be rootless and ungrounded), so that comes easily to me, and I find it useful. I find fire powerful and inspiring, and something that I can draw strength from even if it's not my most natural state. I find earth hardest to connect with, but I also want to remedy that, because I can feel its absence in my life and I don't like feeling that way.

Again, we can have complex relationships with all the elements (and we probably all do); one might best fit your temperament, but another that you aspire to embody, another that disgusts you, or another that you admire in other people but don't necessarily care to develop in yourself. My main advice is to not to limit yourself to thinking that this one element is "yours" above all others.
This should be a sticky.

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Haha, thanks, I'm blushing!

I'd be happy to try to reword that into a more generalized post that's less directed for a specific person.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Oh, I like that idea, Xiao, please do, if you can! :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

Heartsong wrote:Oh, I like that idea, Xiao, please do, if you can! :)
I agree! I was thinking about the elements the other day. But I didn't understand why I couldn't identify with just one. I think you explained it perfectly! :)
Rhiannon

Post by Rhiannon »

I know my element is water because I'm Scorpio. This is one of the ways to find out.

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”