Aphrodite's Altar and using The Lovers tarot card

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Lover of War

Aphrodite's Altar and using The Lovers tarot card

Post by Lover of War »

Would it be bad to use The Lovers as the representation of Aphrodite, but since its a temporary altar put the card back into my tarot deck and still use that deck for readings?
YanaKhan

Re: Aphrodite's Altar and using The Lovers tarot card

Post by YanaKhan »

Bad? No, I don't think it would be bad. But if I were you, I would print an image of Aphrodite and perhaps consecrate it to represent her. Or if you are good in drawing, why not make a painting? You could also use clay to make your statuette of her.
Vervain

Post by Vervain »

I would say not bad at all--if you only put it back in your deck for readings, and frequently leave it on your altar to charge, then you would even be bringing her energies into your readings--helpful for you, and a nice way to honor her, I should think.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

I'm not too good with painting, and i don't have stuff to make clay. I also don't have a printer, and at school the printers print off black and white. Thats y i asked about using the card. It looks really beautiful. Thank u :) it does make sense
Attachments
Wizards Tarot
Wizards Tarot
Lovers.jpg (44.11 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

WiccanTeen7 wrote:Would it be bad to use The Lovers as the representation of Aphrodite, but since its a temporary altar put the card back into my tarot deck and still use that deck for readings?
I don't think it would be "bad", because remember, Wicca isn't as strict with the rules as some other religions.
The way I see it, it's a nice idea, and a low less hassle than clay (my clay god fell apart :shock: ) Also it's a nice way to honor her.
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

Thank u for ur opinion. :)

Return to “General Divination”