Crafting - Cold Process Soap

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Alura Noel

Crafting - Cold Process Soap

Post by Alura Noel »

'

Crafting – Cold Process Soap
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cold Process soap making is an interesting possible way to incorporate herbal and glamour magic into an individual’s daily practice. It’s also a great way to prepare for certain rituals if part of your practice is by taking ritual baths.

The possibilities are endless when it comes to crafting your own soap for spellwork and ritual. You can use essential oils, herbs, colorants and even oil bases that correspond with your intent. The soap could be cut or use molds in shapes that match what you’re looking for.

Not only could you make soap for its magical associations, you can use essential oils that also have a medicinal effect as well (aromatherapy aspects too). The oil bases also affect your skin in different ways, like coconut oil is an antifungal.

You could also dedicate/charge soaps for specific occasions like sabbats, esbats along with “mundane” occasions like soaps dedicated for going on dates (to make you feel more confident or attractive/alluring), banishing soap bar (to get rid of negativity from the day), to list a few. Another option is to dedicate a soap bar that you use when you want to work with a certain deity.

This website (just for an idea to get your own creative juices flowing, NOT to purchase them) has some examples of what ritual/spellwork you could craft your own soaps for.

There is way too much to list here of how to make soap at home but soapqueentv by far, has one of the best tutorials to learn the basics of Cold Process Soap Making. Click here for the next three episodes for the basics of cold process soap making after watching the first one here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR6ttCSrLJI&list=PLAADF6209996265D2

A few helpful links:

Essential Oils Magical Properties

Medicinal Profiles about Essential Oils

Herbs Magical Properties

Color Correspondences for Spellwork

Aromatherapy Common Essential Oils Index

'
Heartsong

Re: Crafting - Cold Process Soap

Post by Heartsong »

This is awesome! I've been wanting to try and make soap. Thank you so much for posting! :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Alura Noel

Re: Crafting - Cold Process Soap

Post by Alura Noel »

Soap making is so much fun! I have always made up concoctions in the kitchen since I can remember. This helps to take it to the next level for me since I can do so much to it.

I hope you get around to trying and making some soap for you and your family. Again, it's a lot of fun.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”