Tax deduction in Europe for Wiccan Schooling

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
_Cheshire_

Tax deduction in Europe for Wiccan Schooling

Post by _Cheshire_ »

Msn news, under US, Peculiar postings

AMSTERDAM - Dutch tax authorities have allowed a woman to deduct the 2,210 euros, or $2,655, it cost her to take a one-year course in witchcraft, an inland revenue official said on Wednesday.

The 39-year actress and artist learnt how to use crystal balls and prepare herbs, and also spells and other witchcraft skills at the course held in the country’s northwest.

“The woman used the training in order to start ... giving workshops, so she used it to extend her professional knowledge,” the tax official told Reuters.

I couldn't imagine that happening here, you think they do? Bush tries as he might, but we are recognized as an official religion. The Netherlands has a large number of Pagans/Wiccans due to their tolerance, so honestly I'm surprised it made the news. If it happened here in the US I could understand the printing of it, however I just don't see myself getting a tax break if I were in the same situation without a hard way to go from people who choose to shun the religion. Then again, a hard way to go falls under discrimination and in the good old US, that's a lawsuit. Neato.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

*not trying to offend anybody*

If that came even close to happening in the US, the Christians would throw a major hissy fit, especially in the bible belt.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
_Cheshire_

Post by _Cheshire_ »

Either way, fair is fair. If Christians can get their tax deductions for their schooling, so should we. Then the discrimination hit me, and I realized that they'd be screwed either way. They wouldn't like it, but it's illegal to let anything otherwise happen. We have religious rights too, and we should've been beyond the point of trying to justify ourselves by now. We are an official religion, so they really can only do so much to prevent what we're entitled to. I live in the Bible Belt myself, and I personally would'nt have any heartache contacting a lawyer with any problems that arose.

It's not very different from a Muslim who tried to open a bank account, and the manager told him "We don't offer services to terrorists", and he got a pretty penny off of that suit I tell you.

Return to “News/Articles”