My beautiful basil!

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
m_apollo8239

My beautiful basil!

Post by m_apollo8239 »

I've been nurturing and connecting with the royal herb for several moons now. Smells so yummy and grows like a dream. Delicious in pizza and pasta plus growing it helps encourage peace and cooperation with the people in your house! Plant some for yourself today!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (29.34 KiB) Viewed 1939 times
InfiniteDawn

Re: My beautiful basil!

Post by InfiniteDawn »

Looks wonderful! I've got two types of basil in my herb garden. Absolutely love it!
m_apollo8239

Post by m_apollo8239 »

ooh what two kinds do you have growing? Mines not as big as I want it to be, gotta put in in the ground!
:D
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Wow, your basil plant is really gorgeous! Got any tips? I've been trying to grow basil indoors for a while now, with not a whole lot of luck (which is pathetic, I know; I don't think I have much of a green thumb ... )
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Basil is one of my very favorites...I always try to get a couple of varieties in every year, they died though this summer, My vacation water person missed these guys too :evilwitch:
Anyway basil is a really magical herb, I use it in money drawing occasionally, but the fragrance is sooooooooooooo wonderful. The herbalist Culpepper warns against inhaling too much, will get thee a scorpion in the brain,... meaning it will give you a headache.
beautiful plant :D
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
m_apollo8239

Post by m_apollo8239 »

For growing a tips: i have the best results out of doors. Basil likes full sun too! Lend it energy and connect with it too and it will grow strong! Nurture it in a pot till it establishes roots then transfer it to the ground in your garden. Which will allow for even more growth!
lol a "scorpion in the brain" ouch! That's exactly how migraines feel!
Basil is amazing in empowerment spells too!
:flyingwitch:
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Very pretty! I'm always jealous & impressed with folks that can grow things. I've got a black thumb :lol:
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

m_apollo8239 wrote:ooh what two kinds do you have growing? Mines not as big as I want it to be, gotta put in in the ground!
:D

Sweet and Summerlong. Mine are still just seedlings, unfortunately :P
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Keep pinching off the seed heads and it will bush out quite a bit more. :fairy:
FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
m_apollo8239

Post by m_apollo8239 »

i might just do that today. if it will help 'em bush up that would be real nice. :mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Ack, I'm wondering if I overwater or something. I used a self-watering planter for a while but that didn't seem to work at all.

For all you experienced folks, where do you cut in order to bush up the basil? And how often? How do you know when to do it? Thanks!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~

Return to “Gardening”