Need help with a sleep spell

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
InfiniteDawn

Need help with a sleep spell

Post by InfiniteDawn »

This is my first post outside of my introduction, so I apologise if it's in the wrong place or anything like that.

I want to cast a spell on a dream pillow I made for my significant other. He suffers from insomnia and frequent nightmares and I really want to do something to help him. I looked through the Witchcraft Spells pages and found sleeping spells but they were all spells to help yourself.. They are good spells, just not exactly suitable for my purpose. Is there any advice for casting a spell on the pillow itself that can aid in banishing bad dreams and to promote peaceful sleep? Thank you so much xx
:fairy:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Need help with a sleep spell

Post by SnowCat »

First, get his permission. Then, a negativity banishing spell and/or a protection spell cast on the pillow may help.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

I definitely have his permission. smiley_dance I'll try a negativity banishing spell and see if it helps. Thank you! x
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Is this pillow filled with lavender or something? that in itself will help sleep.
Some other herbs the pillow can be stuffed with is
hops
chamomile
Valerian (little stinky though)
skull cap
mugwort
passionflower

:D
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

I stuffed the pillow with a lot of chamomile, marjoram leaves, thyme, rosemary, rose petals, and some cinnamon :wink:
I used some herbs that help to encourage peaceful sleep but I'd like to put a spell on it as well, just to help a little more, if possible. I wasn't sure exactly how to go about with the spell, though.
draguakale

Post by draguakale »

Have him try Sleepy Time Extra tea. It's really good. Usually a cup knocks me out in an hour, even when I'm having one of my manic episodes and I'm bi-polar. If you can't tweak a spell yourself, find one online.
Jade Rose

Post by Jade Rose »

firebirdflys wrote:Is this pillow filled with lavender or something? that in itself will help sleep.
Some other herbs the pillow can be stuffed with is
hops
chamomile
Valerian (little stinky though)
skull cap
mugwort
passionflower

:D
Firebird

I agree with Firebird about lavender and chamomile! Sadly, I haven't had the chance to try the rest.

Most of the time I don't have that many ingredients since they're hard to come by where I'm at. But I found that brewing a cup of chamomile tea and drinking it before bedtime helps a lot!

And if I'm short on actual lavender (which happens quite often), I put a few drops of lavender essential oil on my pillow around 20 minutes before going to sleep. I don't know what I'd do without my essential oils haha.

Have you tried crystals/stones? I sometimes put a cleansed Turquoise on my bedside stand or under my pillow. It's protective.
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

He and I are definitely big tea drinkers so I'll get him to try it! I've never used any essential oils. I might try though! And also crystals. He might be less open to crystals however. Thank you guys again for all the great advice!! I am seriously short on time but I'm going to try to write a spell and if I do, I'll post it! :fairy:
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

You should put an amethyst under his pillow at least !
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

Heres a spell for him to repeat 3 times every night (or until theyre gone) in order to banish the nightmares:
Lights out, eyes closed
Toss and turn, hands cold
Frightening shadows, tears that stream
A whispering voice, a hollow scream
From this horror set me free
So I say it, so mote it be
Ive found this from a book I read "Blue is for Nightmares". I guess someone sent it in to the author of the book. Anyways Ive used it for a couple of years now (or whenever I have a nightmare) and its worked for me. I hardly ever get nightmares anymore so I don't need use it too often.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”