Any spells for levitation that work?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Erin55303

Any spells for levitation that work?

Post by Erin55303 »

Ok,i recently have been doing much research and i really want to learn a levitation spell. I have many friends who are wiccans,and many who are not who dont beileve that i actually do real magic. i want to show them proof. and because a levitation spell might come in handy. thank you

Blessed be
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any spells for levitation that work?

Post by Xiao Rong »

Yeaaaahhh ....... I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/yuo0f0 ... tic-powers
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

That clip was pretty funny :surprisedwitch:

Ummmmmm...ok,
when we were younger, we used to try to levitate our friends, someone lays down and we all kneel around this person, and chant "light as a feather... stiff as a board". Over and over with these words, then you use your pointer finger and middle finger of each hand and place them under the person...they are supposed to mysteriously rise up just barely resting on the tips of everyone's fingers...of course this works really well when there is 20 of you as opposed to 5.
FF.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
North Star

Post by North Star »

First, there is an important part of the Wiccan Rede (EDIT: I didn't mean wiccan rede, I was speaking of the phrase "To know, To Dare, To Will, To be Silent). Wanting to prove you do 'real magick' is kind of like bragging, isn't it? Levitation... That is something we tried as kids (the same way Firebird explained). It was a game children played. Not witchcraft or spiritual.

I do not think most of us (no witches I have known) view magick and spirituality as something they can 'prove to others' or would ever feel the need to prove. If you were serious about this path of spirituality and had a better understanding, you would realize it is NOT about magic tricks...notice there is no 'K' when I use magic in this way, there are 2 kinds. The magicians that perform at Birthday parties do magic, and then there is magick performed in Witchcraft. You should not feel the need to have to prove anything to others unless you want to perform card tricks and pull rabbits out of hats.

I am big on the 'be silent' thing, perhaps the one Wiccan 'rule' (again, I was not referring to the actual rede but the phrase I mentioned above) I do follow strictly. One should not run around claiming to be able to 'do real magick' and try to show it off. Just my 2 pennies. ;)

Khaleesi

Post by Khaleesi »

Xiao Rong wrote:Yeaaaahhh ....... I'm just going to leave this here:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/yuo0f0 ... tic-powers
:lol: Used to love that show.

I believe people can levitate/fly. I also believe those who can do it keep it quiet. For good reason, obviously. I don't know of any spells, but if you aren't opposed to meditation, try that. You never know.... :flyingwitch:
p3nathan

Post by p3nathan »

If you would be interested in flying via astral travel, then I and probably many other uses could possibly help you with that.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

firebirdflys wrote:That clip was pretty funny :surprisedwitch:

Ummmmmm...ok,
when we were younger, we used to try to levitate our friends, someone lays down and we all kneel around this person, and chant "light as a feather... stiff as a board". Over and over with these words, then you use your pointer finger and middle finger of each hand and place them under the person...they are supposed to mysteriously rise up just barely resting on the tips of everyone's fingers...of course this works really well when there is 20 of you as opposed to 5.
FF.
Hmmm, reminds me of The Craft. ;) hehe.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Did they say that too? ...well this was in the 70's I was a teenager :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Yes they did. Looks like you were a witch before it became mainstream!! LOL.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
draguakale

Post by draguakale »

North Star:
I thought this was a PAGAN forum, not a strictly wiccan Forum. And where in your Rede does it say not to brag? I haven't read it in years but I don't recall there being anything in it about bragging.

Erin55303:
Levitation is fake. You are a fluffy bunny, go back to being a xian.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

draguakale wrote:
Erin55303:
Levitation is fake. You are a fluffy bunny, go back to being a xian.
Draguakale, I would like to remind you that this forum is accepting and welcoming of all folks interested in witchcraft and pagan spirituality. Not everyone is on the same developmental page that you are on, so to speak. You are welcome to express your disagreement (and explain why), but it is not acceptable to dismiss others out of hand and be rude to other members. Please remember to be more respectful in the future.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
North Star

Post by North Star »

Draguakale, you are right about that, I can admit when I have misspoke or when my info is not correct. What I meant to refer to was this little 'to dare, to know, to will, to BE SILENT' phrase. Maybe you are not familiar. And Erin mentioned having many wiccan friends, so I went there to the 'wiccan' thing... I am not even wiccan so you are totally right, this forum is for all paths (including 'xians')! Thanks though, I don't even remember typing it in those words so I did go back and edit it since that was a serious mistake on my part. :wink:

Well as I said, I am not wiccan myself but did spend almost 2 decades considering myself one and still practice closely to one in a lot of ways... and I do not follow the rede nor have I read it in years. In my mind over the years all those 'redes and phrases' about wicca just blend in... I sit here feet away from a framed 'Charge of the Goddess' and I am lucky to remember 3 lines lol, so I apologize for a thoughtless use of terms there. But I do stand by the original point I wanted to make, of my thought that one should not brag about witchcraft or spirituality. It's tacky. Just my opinion. It also opens you up to ridicule and I think a beginner especially should become comfortable in whatever spiritual path they choose and not focus on what others think about their 'abilities'.

Maybe just some good advice not to go around trying to levitate for people who you already feel doubted by, that's the point I wanted to make. But that's just me. Do as ye will ;) The only reason I commented on this thread was not to insult Erin (as you did) but to tell her she should not have to prove anything to anyone, and witchcraft is not about impressing people. Not in my book. :flyingwitch:
AncientSideEffects

Post by AncientSideEffects »

Seems a certain someone not only overstepped the boundaries, but doesn't understand the nature of equality. "All is one, one is all. As soon as you learn the meaning then you can truly begin to understand." Best quote ever I think. Forget who said it or where I heard/saw it.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I've been in the Craft since I was in high school. Westminster High School class of 1974. I used to levitate people and things. I didn't use spells. I just did it. People who know me, know that I'm a witch. My boss knows that I'm a witch. It's just part of who I am.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
AncientSideEffects

Post by AncientSideEffects »

SnowCat wrote:I've been in the Craft since I was in high school. Westminster High School class of 1974. I used to levitate people and things. I didn't use spells. I just did it. People who know me, know that I'm a witch. My boss knows that I'm a witch. It's just part of who I am.

Frosty
How long did it take to learn? I've had nights where I feel like I am floating when I hit a deep state of relaxation, I'll see a swirling space (open space not outer space) and feel like I'm spinning, or could that have been astral projection?

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”