My RW deck doing weird sh*t!

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
GenevieveDawn

My RW deck doing weird sh*t!

Post by GenevieveDawn »

I have an older cousin who recently gave me her Rider-Waite deck for my birthday. She gave them to me because she said she asked something of the cards that she should't have and now the deck doesn't work for her. I got the deck cleared them with some sage, meditated with them, charged them, etc. I just get the weirdest feeling when I used them. I get a chill, goosebumps, my hair stands ups, I feel lightheaded. I had only used them for yes/no questions and the same cards would come up over and over and over. Yes, I read their meanings. Then the emperor would keep dropping on the floor when I shuffled. Now my other deck doesn't do weird things like this. Do you guys think I cleared the deck well enough? I get the creepiest feeling when I use them. I was actually scared when using them. I don't know whether to use them or not. Is there still some bad energy with them or what? Any ideas?
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Maybe you should just not use them at all. Things give us signs we just need to be open to them. maybe the emperor card fell to the floor for a reason. Have you looked up what it says about it? If you are getting these horrible feelings from them maybe they aren't for you. I personally would try to purify them more and if I still had the feeling I would throw them away. If the person who has them before you got rid of them that should be a hint lol.
**Nothing is set in stone**
Yavanna

Never use a deck owned by another.

Post by Yavanna »

Oye - that was the first rule I ever learned with Tarot - never use some else's deck.
I have has decks offered to me before - but as soon as I see that they have been used in the slightest way, I politely turn them down.

As an aside note: Some decks don't work well for some people. For instance, my husband bought me the old version deck the one based upon woodcuts - and I can't stand it. The symbolisms are not there to remind me of the meaning of the card, the pictures a creepy, and I am just too darn used to my Rider-Waite deck that I just don't use anything else. Some poeple might think I'm screwy, but it's just the best deck for me. Look for your own special deck. The only way you'll know is to buy it, charge it, and try it.

Return to “General Divination”