Magus Caster's book of shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
Magus caster

Re: Magus Caster's book of shadows

Post by Magus caster »

This type of witch is called a Nacromancer. They have the main ability to communicate or animate the undead or beings from the after life. Although Necromancers are usually wicked and use mainly dark magic which can bring all sorts of karmatic results.
Witches are their own alliance, their own life. They are their own breed and they are their own species. We are different from the modern man and are more in tune with the spiritual side of life.
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Interesting. Also, 1) what about a witch with the ability to "read" people, in a way. To see their futures, what they are thinking, able to see their soul, kind of see the unseen, I personally call this a Reader but I'm not sure if there's a term for it. 2) a witch with the ability to project their thoughts or hopes and make them happen without any use of magick? This person is also very good at astral projection. And lastly, 3) a witch with the ability to amplify the powers and gifts of other witches. I call this a catalyst because they seem to not have any specific ability, but are able to make a gifted witch stronger. Many thanks and bright blessings! I understand you may not know the terms for all of these!
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

I might have to do some research. I will have you an answer as soon as possible.
Blessed be,
Magus Caster
Witches are their own alliance, their own life. They are their own breed and they are their own species. We are different from the modern man and are more in tune with the spiritual side of life.
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Thank you so very much!
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

I have been doing some research and I have an answer. 1: those types of witches are your basic everyday "possibly fake" psychic.2: basic everyday "possibly fake" psychic. 3: such a witch doesn't exist. Only the gods and goddesses themselves are capable of such great power. Hope I answered your question.
Kind blessings,
Magus Caster
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

hi guys...I think your answer is as follows:
1. Clairvoyant
2. Telekinesis
3. Conductor, Amplifier, Catalyst...I'm not sure there is a specific term for a person who does this, rather more referred to as an item, or arrangement of magical symbols, stones or items that achieve magnification.... Or if one person's focus is strong, 2 could be stronger, 3 even better etc.. etc...
If you find a more commonly used term for such a person, I would be interested to know...thanks
Many blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Magus caster wrote:I have been doing some research and I have an answer. 1: those types of witches are your basic everyday "possibly fake" psychic.2: basic everyday "possibly fake" psychic. 3: such a witch doesn't exist. Only the gods and goddesses themselves are capable of such great power.
Could you list some of the sources you consulted in your research, which you base these answers upon, please?

Thanks.

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Elisa wrote:
Magus caster wrote:I have been doing some research and I have an answer. 1: those types of witches are your basic everyday "possibly fake" psychic.2: basic everyday "possibly fake" psychic. 3: such a witch doesn't exist. Only the gods and goddesses themselves are capable of such great power.
Could you list some of the sources you consulted in your research, which you base these answers upon, please?
If your comments were based on your opinion, I would appreciate it if you would edit your response to say so. Either that, or do some legitimate research and post some real findings. But, saying your personal opinion is "research" is not the right thing to do, Magus Caster.

The reason I asked you to cite the sources of your "research" is because I received feedback in a PM from a new member here who read what you wrote and felt discouraged. They specifically joined this message board in order to learn about the psychic abilities they and others they know are experiencing. When they read your comment that psychic ability is "fake" they felt their experiences were invalidated. They already experience invalidation and misunderstanding "out there," and were hoping that coming to this message board would expose them to understanding people who could give them good advice and support.

Keep in mind there all kinds of people reading this board, at many different levels of development. Some people are very impressionable. If you are going to do some legitimate research and answer a question, then fine. But if you are going to state a rather sarcastic comment as some kind of "research," that is not OK.

Please keep that in mind.

Thanks.

North Star

Post by North Star »

I am so relieved someone called this out. This entire thread has had me biting my tongue. Very poor information to pass onto beginners.

This is spiritual for us. Not a fantasy world, not a video game or movie or whatever else these ideas come from!

But hey, I am just a 'fake witch'. What do I know?!

Good looking out, Kassandra ;)
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

I think you guys have me all wrong. I am not saying that psychic ability is completely fake. All I'm saying is that people need to be more vigilant around psychic ability because sometimes those people are just looking to to make a quick buck by slapping a turban on their heads and dropping a massive marble on a small table. I have done actual research this time and they are either called Seers or psychics. FYI I hate video games about fantasy witchcraft. They are the worst. Seriously, we don't fly on brooms and have hideous ugly warts on our faces. The public needs to get their facts streight. I hope you all can side with me on that one. I am sorry if I have discouraged some new comers and I regret not working hard enough to find a legitimate answer.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Well, okay, I'm going to try to parse this out (hopefully in a constructive way). I'm very much a fantasy geek and a video gamer, and this:
Wizards, Witches, Warlocks, Pyromancers, Hydromancers, Geomancers, Aethermancers, Druids, Necromancers, Shadow-casters, Abjurers, Conjurers, Enchanters, Seers, Evokers, Transmuters, Vivimancers, Alchemists, Artificers, Rune-casters, Magicians and even Soul-binders
doesn't remind me so much of fantasy witchcraft as character creation in a role-playing game - specifically, choosing specialization for a mage class character in an RPG. I'll admit, it's very appealing to try to think of myself as a "Rune-caster" or a "druid" or what have you, but in all honesty I am much more interested in the magic that connects me to this reality, rather than escaping from it (as fantasy magic is wont to do). I'm not sure most of these classifications are necessary at all. We are all capable of doing any of these things - connecting with the elements, working with shadows, performing alchemy, etc. Not that I'm stopping you, Magus, from identifying as an Aeromancer, but generally I see really detailed "character class creation" like this to be mostly escapist.

This is an article by a blogger I adore, who even shared the same favorite fantasy character as me, and his attitude towards magic now, who is getting at much of what I'm trying to say (but he's far more eloquent!)
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Magus caster wrote: All I'm saying is that people need to be more vigilant around psychic ability because sometimes those people are just looking to to make a quick buck by slapping a turban on their heads and dropping a massive marble on a small table.
You have got an excellent point here, there are lots of charlatans out there looking to take what we do very seriously and have made it a business, many of these people may not have real abilities, however you should have pointed that out in your original reply.
Also, you really have no idea what Kassandra thinks, unless you are clairvoyant,... she, and the whole team, has the responsibility of making sure information is correct, please don't get ruffled because she called you on siting your references.
Yes, we know you are male, and there are lots of other males on the board, but you cannot always tell by their user names. It would be your own time to start conversations and to seek them out through pm's.
In your original post you spoke of presenting strategies and materials that one may use to construct a book of shadows on a weekly basis, possibly for one who is an Areomancer...unfortunately we have yet to see any of this, and I imagine with school back in session you will not be having a lot of time on your hands.
Blessed Be, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

Yeah thanks for understanding I will try my best to give tips.
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

I have not yet had enough time on my hands for I have been far to buisy teaching a class of beginner witches and wizards. I must say that I am proud of what they have accomplished so far.
Magus caster

Post by Magus caster »

I have been having trouble with a possessed witch that is convinced that she is the guard of the underworld. Knocking some sense into her was the best thing I ever did.

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”