Sun gazing

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
raynelae

Sun gazing

Post by raynelae »

Does anyone here sun gaze? I'm looking into it and considering practicing.
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sun gazing

Post by Firebird »

Are you talking about Solar obliteration? (if not, I'm about to off on a long tangent about some other solar thing!) A friend of mine showed me this a long time ago. We would sit at the edge of the porch just enough to block out the main orb of the sun with the patio cover, and all you have left is the corolla shining brightly at the edge of the overhang. There in the light of the corolla you can see all manner of things fly by...UFO? dust? Bugs? you be the judge, at the very least it is fascinating. Some of the stuff that makes an abrupt turn peaks my interest, as I had an experience with lights darting all about the sky in a way no plane could handle (in an area that would be over Parkfield Ca.) This was at night though. The Solar thing was real interesting and it's cool that there is video of it now, I think we tried to capture it on film and were wholly unsuccessful, and after awhile we wondered if it messes with your eyes so I haven't done it in awhile. I would maybe get welding glasses now! This guy captures the effect pretty well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPpNzioQg4
Many blessings! Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
raynelae

Re: Sun gazing

Post by raynelae »

That's very interesting! The practice will not damage your vision just so you gaze at the sun in the 1 hour before sunset or in the 1 hour after sunrise. The method I'm referring to is where you directly stare into the sun, during one of the two time frames listed above, for 10 seconds on the first day and then each day after you add 10 seconds until you reach 45 minutes. The whole thing takes nine months and after you reach the nine month mark you must walk bare foot on the earth for 45 minutes for six days. The whole process activates your pineal gland and supposedly you begin literally living off of the energy of the sun, so your body no longer requires food. Apparently NASA has even done studies on sun gazing and its benefits. Here is a very interesting article if you or anyone else is interested... http://www.in5d.com/sun-gazing.html
Bright blessings :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”