moonstones

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Lorraine

moonstones

Post by Lorraine »

As usual, I'm sitting wondering about crystals :D

I've been wearing a new moonstone pendant for a week. I love it, it's beautiful.

I've had some really strange and vivid dreams, didn't really connect the two until this morning when I'm thinking wow that's another really real dream so googled and found that it's sometimes known as a dreamstone so maybe it is the stone. Anyone else experienced this effect?

By the by, I'm sure it's having an effect on my better half too smileylove even bought me breakfast and a cuppa this morning :shock:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: moonstones

Post by Firebird »

I think moonstone is good for opening the psychic pathways. It has been known as a stone of prophecy. I heard some where to hold one under your tongue to see into the future. It most definitely promotes lucid dreaming, and as is the nature of the Moon and her tides of wax and wane it is helpful to regulate a woman's moontime.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

Brings good fortune
Assists in foretelling the future
Enhances intuition
Promotes inspiration
Brings success in love as well as business matters
Offers protection on land and at sea

The moonstone is associated with the moon and was the stone of the goddess Diana. The most powerful time to use the moonstone is in a full moon.

It has been worn as an amulet to bring good emotions to the wearer, while protecting those of a sensitive nature. It can reunite lovers who have quarreled. Moonstone is also considered a good luck stone.

Moonstone is a very personal stone. It is a reflection of the person who owns it. It does not add or detract, only shows how it is. This is why the moonstone is said to perceive that which "is". Moonstone is an excellent stone to use in meditation to understand oneself. Placing it in the moonlight of a moon reaching its fullness, not a full or waning moon, can revitalize it

Moonstone is used by healers to stimulate the functioning of the pineal gland and balance internal hormone cycles with nature's rhythms. Moonstone is a stone of inner growth and strength. Though often considered to be a woman's stone, it can be beneficial to men in opening the emotional self.

Hope this helps, Blessed Be!
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

Maybe you could keep a journal and write down when you have the most vivid dreams and a more attentive sweetie. ;) A pattern may emerge from your notes and you might see when your pendant's energy is the most active. From your notes you may be able to pinpoint what your moonstone is reacting to, such as moon phase, or you may discover that things are just happening because you have a new stone that seems to be vibrating nicely with your own energies. :)
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Hmm. Even an old geezer like me can learn something new! I use mine..(my birthstone).. YES IM A CANCER, DRAWN TO THE MOON.. LOVE THE WATER, YOUR STEREOTYPE)
But holding it under your tounge..I've never heard before and that sooo intrigues me!
I'm going through a really tight spot right now. Not a damn thing anyone can do to change it, but maybe there might be a light at the end of the tunnel!

I was given this stone as a thank you for cleaning my fiance's ole school buddy's home. It wasfilled with nasties so I went all out. I told him no charge. I never charge.. I just ask for supplies if I'm about to run out..( which I usually don't) there was a little boy that lived there and I didn't want anything to happen to him... But the focus was on the dad.
He (without telling me) bought me a beautiful moonstone necklace. (my fiancé had a hand in it...as well

)0(

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”