The new altar

Share photos of your altars or other magical tools and pagan decor.
Holdasown

The new altar

Post by Holdasown »

This is my Heathen altar or stall. I will put up pictures on the wall of all the gods/goddesses as I get frames. I am also doing an ancestor shrine when I get the chance and an altar just to Freya will go in my bedroom.

http://holdasown.tumblr.com/post/523385 ... rganized-i
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The new altar

Post by Firebird »

Hi Holdasown! I really love your hex symbol altar cloth, very magical!
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Lovely !! Looks very Witchy.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I love all the jars of goodies in the cabinet, lots of herbs and whatnot.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Me too... I love the smell of burning herbs, especially vervain.
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Very nice! I like the herbs too, hehe. :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Oh, yeah love herbs. I have eggshells, ground resins and nails in there too. The cloth is an old flour sack from Etsy.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Holdasown wrote:This is my Heathen altar or stall. I will put up pictures on the wall of all the gods/goddesses as I get frames. I am also doing an ancestor shrine when I get the chance and an altar just to Freya will go in my bedroom.
When you mentioned the ancestor altar, and given the Germanic aspects of your spiritual path, these words instantly came to my mind: Lo, there I see my father.... By the way, do you know what writing this passage comes from? It is very beautiful.

You mentioned you had some dried resins in the "stall" (I like that name for an altar, lol, it is new to me, I like learning "new" ways to say things). What are some of your favorite resins? I have been working a lot with myrhh lately. I love it. The instant I first smelled it, it put me in a meditative state --this was before I read of it being used exactly for that very purpose. I remember my friend introduced me to copal a long time ago, and I instantly resonated with it in a powerful way, as well.

And here is a nutritious use for some of the eggshells you have, should you ever need to get some extra calcium in your diet: eggshell tincture. Like any other tincture, I'm sure many magical properties and uses for this could be ascertained by the creative/experienced witch.

Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Holdasown wrote:The Lo, there is from the 13th Warrior movie but it's' kinda been adopted by the Heathen community.
haha, Xiao Rong has been talking about Pop Culture creating new modes of expressing spirituality lately. Seems with this it strikes again! I really thought that the screen writer really did his homework and quoted something authentic. lol

Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Oops, somehow I overwrote your last post directly above, Holdasown (mods and support have editing capability). I didn't even notice while I was writing it! Now, I can't fix it. Ugh. Great. This is the first time I've done that. :oops:

Well, for the record, Holdasown's post said the above saying I quoted actually came from a movie, that "stall" is a common term for an altar, that Holdasown likes frankincense and myrhh, together or separately, and that Holdasown is considering making eggshell chalk to write protective sigils on doors, etc., since eggs have protective properties.

Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Elisa wrote:Oops, somehow I overwrote your last post directly above, Holdasown (mods and support have editing capability). I didn't even notice while I was writing it! Now, I can't fix it. Ugh. Great. This is the first time I've done that. :oops:

Well, for the record, Holdasown's post said the above saying I quoted actually came from a movie, that "stall" is a common term for an altar, that Holdasown likes frankincense and myrhh, together or separately, and that Holdasown is considering making eggshell chalk to write protective sigils on doors, etc., since eggs have protective properties.

Yeah you did. LOL. It's a cool saying pop culture or not.
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

I have a cabinet my great great grandfather made. I kept my china in it but my son was getting in it to play with the crystal. So I packed the china up and made it my new altar. I have a shelf or each group now: Asa, Vanir and Rokkr and an extra shelf for stuff. Sorry if the picture is fuzzy.

Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

It looks cozy and beautiful. :)
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Holdasown wrote:Oh, yeah love herbs. I have eggshells, ground resins and nails in there too. The cloth is an old flour sack from Etsy.
Its pretty and I like the hex signs.
13blackcats

Post by 13blackcats »

You have a beautiful magick space. It really embodies the tradition you follow.

Return to “Altar Pictures”