storing your crystals

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
Lorraine

storing your crystals

Post by Lorraine »

Just wondering where you keep your crystals?

I've been keeping mine in a small pouch which I always carry with me, (they go under my pillow at night too :lol: ) there are now a few more and I'm beginning to rattle when I walk.

Just wondering how you keep yours? In a lidded box, pouch or an open bowl?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: storing your crystals

Post by Firebird »

Hey! how are you?
Lorraine wrote: In a lidded box, pouch or an open bowl?
yes!! ...this is how I keep mine...in all of these things!! :lol: AND I have a large box with slots in it to separate them ...they are part of my more rare collection. Its a good Idea to keep a few of your favorites with you, but too many will get heavy in the pants, eh?!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
drago25

Post by drago25 »

i keep mine in all to other then looking for a better lidded box (display case) for mine i also made up 2 prayer beads out my favorite 2 types of crystal being a 54bead tigers eye, and a 27 bead black jasper. im posting pics of them in the artwork area
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

Thank you for your replies. It's just 'cos I can't make my mind up on who to leave behind, good job I haven't got loads as it seem mean to leave some at home ... lol

I'm loving your prayer beads, wish I was clever enough to make one of those :)
drago25

Post by drago25 »

just got myself a bigger medicine pouch for my crystals cant wait to use it to
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

The big ones are in use around the house in specific locations

The little ones are kept in a wooden box for use

Sometimes I slip one in a handbag if I feel I would like to use that particular crystals energy

Alternatively I might wear specific crystals around my neck on a chain
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:The big ones are in use around the house in specific locations
I am always fascinated by the simplicity and practicality of your magical work (though it's well-studied and sophisticated, and the simplicity is born of much time and effort).

If you don't mind my asking, what are the purposes of these crystals you have placed around the house? Could you elaborate on their use? Also, do you change them out periodically, or just recharge the same ones? Do you change the stones according to changes in the energy of the home or surrounding property? Finally, do any of them "contain" anything or anyone, "energetically-speaking"?

If you don't feel comfortable, that's fine; but, what I learned from you here is, "if you want to know, just ask" lol, so I'm asking. Like I said, your magic is very practical and grounded (must be the Taurean in you, as you always say) and there's a lot one could learn from it. Thanks. :wink:

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Ask me any questions, I don't mind them.

I only change the crystals around if I want a change, if that makes sense. It's energetic feng shui, I guess. Crystals are a powerful focusing tool for the energy you wish to manifest. Rearranging them is a signal to the universe that you want something to change. just like your altar. As above, so below. The microcosm influences the macrocosm.

My partner is very good at using crystals on his altar in combination with meditation to achieve his goals. He really gets results whether it's employment, money or whatever. Sometimes he meditates or path works with crystals on him over specific chakras. It's odd because he works with Anubis who I think is a weird deity to work with but it certainly works for him.

In the room that I sleep I have large pieces of rose quartz and amethyst (love and healing). If I have pains I might pop them on that specific area for a bit. I also have a large piece of kyanite which is an amazing crystal to own. It does not accumulate negative energy at all.

Where I work and think (my desk) I have a large quartz point. I also have one on my altar. These are focus points.

On a table by the door I have a large apache tear to repel negativity.

The balls tend to migrate round the house. I find right before sleep is the best time to scry so they often end up in my bedroom. The amethyst is a busy little crystal with many facets, came from a pair of old witches, probably has a resident entity within it and is also very good at picking up entities and excellent for detailed images. I'd really recommend scrying/evocation with amethyst if you're a bit of a chicken because it seems to dampen down negativity. They come through in a way that's not threatening at all. It might be touching the stone that does it. The yellow calcite has a very obvious higher frequency being in it which is sometimes just nice to hold, or it can show you colours, it's very calming and pretty. I use it for angelic magic. I have a small quartz ball that has not revealed it's purpose to me yet.

I have a seperate altar purely for divination. I have a 50cm (large) clear crystal ball which is inhabited from time to time with whatever is around. I see attachments from other people I've seen recently in it sometimes. I use it purely for spirit communication and divination. It has the final word on these things. Each ball has its own properties and qualities.

Rather than cleansing, I charge them under the full moon. The large ball looks incredible in the full moon, and casts a large shadow of light behind it that looks so.....magical

Rather than cleansing the crystal itself I rub it down with some rue or burn the rue. I'm happy to work with the energies contained in the stone... Rather when I scry I burn rue initially to free the general area from negative influences. I've found that in the past if I've used sage it just removes pretty much everything, so if you have spirits wanting to communicate they are kicked out prematurely. I might sage the week before a full moon, which is the best time for scrying, followed by, you guessed it, the dark moon. A full moon cycle becomes a rhythm, depending on how connected I feel for that month. I don't charge the crystals every full moon, usually just when I'm about to use them, which is usually when other signs have told me that a message is coming, or I get a feeling in my bones :). Some months are more magical than others. During astrological mischief, I often sit things out.

I like to accumulate a bit of my own energy (as positive or negative as it may be) in the crystals, because they are for my use at the current time... My partner has his own and neither of us touch the others crystals or altars. The same goes for tarot cards. I like to keep each deck with my own energy in them. I'm using them for links to my own higher self and also to understand why I'm reading for a particular person at a particular time. It's like cleansing your house all the time... At the end of the day you live there, and you can't banish yourself so there will always be strange energetic signatures in things and thats ok. I'm happy to roll with a small degree of chaos .. But that's probably my personality. Others practice differently.

The little crystals I keep in my box are a different story. I do cleanse these much more regularly, in salt water, and charge them more frequently. This is because I purely want the energy of the stone with no influences for placement on my altar to generate a particular energy or outcome, magical work, or I carry them at certain times.

The crystals I wear don't need cleansing because I swim in the ocean so regularly. Highly recommended. Natural bodies of water and forests, sunrise/sunset/moonrise are what charges human spirits.

I hope this answers some of your questions ! I feel like I've waffled a bit but hope its useful. Would be interested to hear about other peoples practices?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Wow, thank for the detailed reply. Will chew on this, probably not all in one sitting. Good stuff. Thanks again.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

:fairy: Always a pleasure
Lorraine

Post by Lorraine »

Amazing, think I'll have to read that through a few times :) learning so much more about these crystals x
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I love migrating balls smiley_dance :surprisedwitch:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yes, they always end up in the bedroom smiley_dance
Lillady

Post by Lillady »

My crystals stay arranged on my altar, my Amethyst stays in my pouch so sunlight does not get it and it keeps its charge of energy. Dark i admire the way you sort your crystals throughout your home that is a wonderful way of protecting and helping different aspects of needs in yours and your families life.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

-Dark-Moon- wrote:...he works with Anubis who I think is a weird deity to work with but it certainly works for him...I'd really recommend scrying/evocation with amethyst if you're a bit of a chicken because it seems to dampen down negativity. They come through in a way that's not threatening at all.
Haha, I have a clay mask on, and your humorous comments keep making me smile and crack my face, lol.

-Dark-Moon- wrote:I see attachments from other people I've seen recently in it sometimes..

When you say "attachments from other people," what do you mean (ex: attachments they've sent you, or that you've seen on people when you've read their energy, like friends you've been hanging out with, or people you've done readings for, etc.)? Interesting.

I agree with your comment about sage cleaning "everything" out, maybe a little too much (unless that's the effect one needs, like clearing an exceptionally foul residence, or something). I will have to try some rue. Guess I'll have to order it online because there isn't any at any of the herb shops I go to.

-Dark-Moon- wrote:The little crystals I keep in my box are a different story. I do cleanse these much more regularly, in salt water, and charge them more frequently. This is because I purely want the energy of the stone with no influences for placement on my altar to generate a particular energy or outcome, magical work, or I carry them at certain times.
This sounds like more of a "tool box" approach with these. Whereas the spheres mentioned above seem more like they "live" with you, like actual presences/personalities in your home. Interesting.

Thank you for graciously sharing all these insights. What spiritual traditions did you learn these techniques from, or are these practices just guided by your intuition? (which sounds more like the Dark Moon I know). I think I read once you like certain hoodoo practices, a very practical spiritual path that has an ironic sense of humor underlying it, yet can get pretty dark when need be.

Is crystal-working in this way based somewhat on those practices? And is hoodoo popular with many people all the way over in Australia? If so, wonder how that happened. I find it practical, like feng shui. So much of both practices are just common "energetic" (or "magical") sense, nothing illogical, or intellectual.

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”