Difficulty Meditating.

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
[Haley]

Difficulty Meditating.

Post by [Haley] »

I've read loads of things on how to meditate and how your supposed to clear your my and think of nothing, and your also supposed to not sratch if you have an itch and learn to just ignore it. But I just can't do that. I try to clear my mind but the harder I try the more things I think about. Does anyone have a solution to this?
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

Maybe you are trying too hard? I'm new at this, but I've been reading somewhat as well on the topic... Do you have music on when you meditate? What do you concentrate on? For me it's helpful to bring attention to my breathing. Probably because we do that in yoga class as well. What if you try to concentrate on an image? Make a whole story (relaxing of course) in your mind? Can you stay concentrated on that? And don't push it.
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

I am trying too hard, that I'm trying to stop. No, no music I don't know what to put on but I know it should be relaxing and if I do puy my music on I and know the words then I start singing. Nothing, I read that you could concentrate on an apple and work from there but I always lose my concentration and give up. I don't know i'll have to try that. But is it okay if I'm not good at visualizing?
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

Yea, apple is not really exciting for me :oops: So, have you tried concentrating on your breathing? As you will be becoming relaxed, you'll breathe with your tummy. Just feel your tummy rise and fall. And I think if you are itchy, got ahead and scratch. This would annoy the heck out of me, and I don't think we are on a level yet that we can just ignore it. :) I think visualization is important in withcraft because everything is pretty much in your head. How do you cast a circle if you don't visualize it? I found this website just recently, so I have read all of it yet. Maybe it can help.
http://1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditation.htm
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

I haven't tried my breathing yet. And I haven't really cast a circle yet, I've tried but didn't think it worked so i took it down and now I'm just trying to learn the basic befor I go into spellcasting or any thing like that. And as of now this site and couple of books are all I have to go by and hope they're right. Thanks for the site I'm taking a look at it now.
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

Here is that website again, but the main page.
http://holisticonline.com/herb_home.htm
Look through it, they have a lot of information. They also have information on visualization as well.
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Thanks for the site. Oh and thanks for the other site about the chakras. Both will be very helpful.
[Dragonmaiden]

Post by [Dragonmaiden] »

I've always had a hard time meditating also - for the same exact reasons you listed. I find that it's next to impossible to clear my mind to that extent - between work and being a mom and everything else that my life involves as hard as I try to "go to a happy place" some reality issue always intrudes.

No advice, just wanted you to know you're not alone.

BB

June
[Haley]

Post by [Haley] »

Thank you.
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

You are welcome, I hope it helps :)

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”