Pendulum Channeling

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
Willow Walker

Pendulum Channeling

Post by Willow Walker »

When using a pendulum I have at times ended up channeling a spirit. The first time- it was not a good thing. This last time, the spirit was friendly and helpful but very strong. It would pull like a magnet to letters and wanted to spell everything out instead of swaying. Is this a common thing to happen while using a pendulum?
-Dark-Moon-

Re: Pendulum Channeling

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Yes it's classic for pendulums - they are one of the easiest things for spirits to influence.

If the spirit is friendly and helpful you could consider forming a relationship with it and ask it to teach you some things.

Spirits like this can mediate with other spirits and get rid of unwanted guests also.

You could cast a circle otherwise, or sage the pendulum and charge it with your own intent.

Sometimes I burn rue during divination for this reason.

Alternatively I might burn frankincense and mugwort to attract them.

Again, it all depends on your purpose and what you are trying to achieve.

Best, Dark Moon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

HELLO, IS THERE ANYBODY IN THERE? JUST NOD IF YOU CAN HEAR ME....
Willow Walker wrote:When using a pendulum I have at times ended up channeling a spirit...Is this a common thing to happen while using a pendulum?
Hi Willow Walker. My perspective is that whenever you are using something to "get messages" from it, you are, in a sense, requesting to connect with someone/something "over there." "Over there" could be another dimension, another location in the universe, whatever. It's great that your psychic sensitivity picked up the differences in the behavior between the two spirits --or it could have been one spirit approaching you differently a second time, since it might have noticed you were put off by your first encounter with it. Remember, these are intelligences, they aren't dumb. As such, they do change their approaches and behavior sometimes, as some spirits really want to please you, some really want you to please them, and everything else in between.

Anyway, the object is only the "medium," it is not the one talking to you, per se. I don't think there's anything inherently magical about inanimate items....but that is not to say they can't be "charged" with one's energy as Dark Moon mentions, which does a lot of things, like facilitate the user's will being carried out. Items can also be enchanted with a spell of some sort to make it do something on its own, or make it have a sympathetic influence over someone/something else in the environment (the ring of Sauron in Lord of the Rings, for example). Or objects can even have an entity dwelling in it, be it positive or negative (crystals and trees are amenable for this). Now that I think about it, whenever you manipulate an inanimate object in any of the above ways, it is no longer inanimate in my opinion; I think you've essentially animated it. Intention is the bottom line...

THE POWER OF INTENTION

In fact, I'm going to up the ante and go as far as saying that I think that if one has an intention to "receive messages," then that's what will happen, regardless of the object used in the process to do it. According to my theory then, one could "channel a spirit" with a ballpoint pen if one wanted to, hahaha, a hairpin, a Nike tennis shoe, or a cell phone (this is very common --the dead will "call" the living, and speak, albeit in a static-y way, through the phone; this is widely-reported!) It's not the object. Belief that an object will do a certain thing helps the user focus his or her intention; but intention is what gets things done (i.e., "energy follows thought," as they say). Spirits pick up on the intention we project; it's like a beacon to them.

The objects --ouija board, pendulum, tarot cards, what have you-- are only for our benefit because we are preconditioned beforehand that these objects will do a certain thing, in this case that they will "connect" us to spirit. So, we act accordingly, we act out on what we're told, or rather, what we've chosen to believe about what we've been told. This makes it easier for us to connect to spirit. If we were told a lawn chair, or a cup of Starbuck's coffee would do the trick, we'd act out accordingly with those things, also. It is the belief, the intention, that gets 'er done. Having said all this, however, herbs are a little different, in that they have inherent energetic properties (despite anything we "believe" about them), and the herbs Dark Moon mentions are quite powerful along spiritual lines.

Let's take it up another notch: people themselves can be conduits and/or portals, so really objects aren't needed at all. In that light Willow Walker, you might try automatic writing, and see what you get --you yourself will be a living, walking, talking pendulum! :D

Willow Walker

Post by Willow Walker »

Thank you so much! The information was very helpful. I do channel already with my guides just writing down what I'm told. I guess I could try that with the spirit that's been using my pendulum. However, I kinda like associating the object with this spirit. I do like him and he seems to want to be helpful.

I think it's interesting how this pendulum came to be. I had found an old skeleton key which I took home and cleansed. I tied it with cord around my Hecate candle. After several weeks of burning, I noticed that the surface wasn't level. This led to a rather dramatic whoosh of flames....the cord that held the key caught on fire and the key dropped on my altar. After a while I decided to try it as a pendulum. He sure has a lot to say but is friendly.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Willow Walker wrote:I kinda like associating the object with this spirit. I do like him and he seems to want to be helpful...I think it's interesting how this pendulum came to be. I had found an old skeleton key which I took home and cleansed...
Intriguing. Yes, I could see why you need to follow this and see where it leads. It's creative that you used the key as a pendulum.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Also interesting that one of Hekate's symbols is the key.

Have you been asking her questions ? Perhaps she is seeking to guide you.

Brightest blessings
Willow Walker

Post by Willow Walker »

Hecate speaks to me frequently. This is a different spirit but he wants to be friends. He usually has a lot to say- usually about how to avoid bad situations. I am thankful for the guidance.
Willow Walker

Post by Willow Walker »

Kassandra- this spirit feels strong. I'm thinking it may have been his idea for me to use the key as a way to communicate with me. I'm glad he's friendly. I'm thinking about starting a post about my experience with him- not sure.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Willow a post like that sounds really interesting.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Willow Walker wrote:Kassandra- this spirit feels strong. I'm thinking it may have been his idea for me to use the key as a way to communicate with me. I'm glad he's friendly. I'm thinking about starting a post about my experience with him- not sure.
Members' Personal Blogs would be a great place to park that post if you'd like, and subsequent related posts as well. I admire your spiritual courage in seeing where this leads. :wink:

Return to “General Divination”