Not sure where to go from here

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Yurdai

Not sure where to go from here

Post by Yurdai »

Well i've been alot of places religiously and now i have found my way back to wicca i'm just not sure what to do or where to go. I used to study when i was a teenager but my notebooks were disposed of by intolerant parents and friends (not to bash anyone) I guess what i'm trying to ask is can anyone suggest a starting point? I've dabbled in psi skills, meditation is no problem, and im great at visualization if that helps at all in telling you where i am. Thank you for taking the time to read this and sorry if im sounding real bad like a newbie
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not sure where to go from here

Post by Firebird »

Hi Yurdai, there is much information here...I suggest you begin a new Book of Shadows, and begin adding info you find pertinent to your beliefs, then don't let anyone see it, or know that you have it. Good Luck!
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Yurdai

Post by Yurdai »

Can a book of shadows be anything? like a notebook or something the only one i've seen is my friends and his is a leather book
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

Yurdai wrote:Can a book of shadows be anything? like a notebook or something the only one i've seen is my friends and his is a leather book
Of course it can be anything! I want to have a leather bound book someday but I plan on waiting until I feel much more grounded in my faith.

Anyways a book that I think is amaaaaaazing for starting out is "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" by Christopher Penczak
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
Yurdai

Post by Yurdai »

What would i start out with as far as writing?
EbonySunset

Post by EbonySunset »

Hi!

Start by keeping a journal, just write down any thoughts, feelings, dreams, ideas, meditation experiences, affirmations, even draw pictures or symbols if you're an arty type!

I know exactly where you are coming from, I felt like that a while ago, I knew what I wanted but didn't know how to get started and keeping a journal really helped. It was like lots of thoughts buzzing around in my head and writing them down seemed to un-jumble them. A journal doesn't have to be neat, it's for brainstorming and getting thoughts out in the open. I look back at early entries and I can't even remember writing the things I did! Some entries are just random statements and lists, weird! I write things down as I think them then transfer relevant things to my book of shadows when I've read them back to myself (I'm a neat freak, I don't like scribbles in my BOS!).

It's a way to focus and a starting point, the rest of the journey will unfold before you. Once your mind is clear you'll find writing a book of shadows much easier.

Hope this can help you in some way!

Blessings
Ebony Sunset
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I agree Chris Penczak writes good books for the newcomer to the craft.

They are a bit more emotionally intimate than your basic 'Wicca 101' book. He also usually includes a good reading list.

I like Power of the Witch by Laurie Cabot. It's short and sweet but has a nice flavour.

A lot of people reccommend Janet Farrar but I'm not much of a fan of British Wicca. Although Anythibg by Sorita DEste is worth a read.

In the meantime start looking at deities - they are inspiring to read about.

BB
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Yurdai

Post by Yurdai »

Could anyone suggest a good set of videos youtube, or anything. I'm not exactly the best reader, but if things could be explained to me I usually grasp it a lot better and i'm a quick learner by doing things my self. I've been wanting to try a couple of little things but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit worried.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Maybe you could try some form of healing? Like working with crystals or energy. Healing is a very good spiritual practice! :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Yurdai

Post by Yurdai »

when i practiced psi on a regular basis that was my main focus...other than messing around throwing psi balls with my friends lol I'm a little rusty now but i used to be able to find people from long distances (family members or friend of a friend type situation) and tie myself to them and when someone needed it I would pour all of my healing energy into them, which usually left me drained and about ready to pass out but happy that I had helped someone.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

The more you practice, the better your abilities will be. :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Yurdai

Post by Yurdai »

Should I just continue what I did before or is there another way to practice I havnt thought of yet
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

There arebso many paths and practices that only you can answer that question. Your heart knows your soul's needs.
Yurdai

Post by Yurdai »

I know where I want to go I just don't know how to get there lol time for more studying
A new found power

Post by A new found power »

There are plenty of excellent website sources that can help you to discover both your path and potential. It can be a good idea to mix in learning magick theory [There are plenty of books, essays, blogs & places like this forum that will help you to learn] and magick practice [Trying to apply the theory to a variety of things.] In time you may find you aren't what you expected yourself to be. You may decide to become a Shaman, Druid or something else entirely. Remember that Paganism is a dynamic Religion, and you can always redefine yourself as you and your magick mature.

For the very basics of magick work, consider perfecting the basics. Perhaps further explore your capacity for psi, whilst dabbling into other clear, well-defined areas of magick to begin with, such as divination. But, especially for the basics, remember that there is no rush. Weeks and months may go by where you perform lots of magick and well, other weeks and months where you struggle. This is all part of the learning process. Also, try to avoid skipping steps, and especially avoid jumping into complex magick work before you're ready! It can be quite dangerous...

It may also be advisable [preferably after you can shield against spirits, just incase] to seek a spiritual guide and animal guide, if such things appeal to you. I personally find my spiritual guide useful, if for nothing than repeating facts in a different light, allowing you a deeper insight into things.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”