The Smallest Make the Largest of Holes

Share thoughts, poetry, feelings about the loss of a loved one (pets included).
Zili

The Smallest Make the Largest of Holes

Post by Zili »

This morning I lost my little mouse, Ronan. I was getting ready to meet up with my boyfriend and stopped to give him a treat, he was already gone. We believe he passed about an hour before I found him.

I wrapped him up in a piece of cloth as my older brother dug a hole between the two pine trees in the back yard. We have 4 guinea pigs at rest there from previous years. I kissed Ronan on the head for the last time before I put him in the ground and covered him over with the dirt.

He may have been no larger than half of my palm but his passing has left a pretty big hole in my heart.

When Devin (the bf) called to let me know he was 5 minutes from my house he heard the sadness in my voice and I explained what happened. He then said "Ronan's in Valhalla with Thor drinking mead from a mouse sized mug."

Violet

Re: The Smallest Make the Largest of Holes

Post by Violet »

Zili, what a beautiful mouse he was! I'm so sorry for his passing.

On Monday morning I actually woke to find that my sick chicken, Kiukiu, whom I had isolated in the bathroom, had died.

I can truly identify with your feelings. It felt so confusing to have something like that happen in the springtime, when the Earth feels like it's coming to life.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh Zili, I'm so sorry, it is so hard to loose our little friends. He is a very cute mousey. The life span of rodents is so short, we just fall in love and then they are gone. Blessings to little Ronan... and you too Violet, light to Ronan and to Kiukiu.
I hear ya on the loss at spring.... :cry: in 2 days my Dad will have been gone 7 years, hard to believe.
Here's raising a cup of mead to the spirit of love in the Spring. To those who have gone before, we miss and honor you.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I'm very sorry for your loss, Zili. Losing a pet is so difficult. :cry:

I love what your friend said. That was pretty adorable. He sounds like a good friend.

I went ahead and moved your thread to the new sub-forum.. I hope that's cool with you.

Blessings,
Star

Return to “In Memory Of...”