What would you call what I believe in?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
HippieWitch

What would you call what I believe in?

Post by HippieWitch »

I call myself a Dianic Wiccan. Basically, I worship Diana, accept there's a male god, but do not worship him. Celebrate 8 sabbath, and attempt prayers daily. Do witchcraft too.
Shiloh
Zili

Re: What would you call what I believe in?

Post by Zili »

Eclectic Pagan meaning you take from different paths to forge your own unique faith.
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

If you call yourself a Dianic Wiccan then that's what you are :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I believe that Dianic Wicca was started by Z. Budapest, who was an influential part of the Goddess movement in feminist spirituality. So, depending on how you identify, perhaps you might also be considered a Goddess worshipper (which is a label which which I personally identify).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

Xiao Rong wrote:I believe that Dianic Wicca was started by Z. Budapest, who was an influential part of the Goddess movement in feminist spirituality. So, depending on how you identify, perhaps you might also be considered a Goddess worshipper (which is a label which which I personally identify).

I think I remember reading about that somewhere. I need to re-read a lot of my books again. The combo of a very stressful living situation and my work as a software (rom) developer on the XDA forum have made me lax in my spiritual journey.

Do you happen to know of any books about Dianic Wicca? I haven't been able to find much in my searches.
Shiloh
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sorry, I haven't looked into Dianic Wicca specifically. But Zsuszanna Budapest's books would probably be the place to start, since she founded Dianic Wicca.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
HippieWitch

Post by HippieWitch »

Xiao Rong wrote:Sorry, I haven't looked into Dianic Wicca specifically. But Zsuszanna Budapest's books would probably be the place to start, since she founded Dianic Wicca.
Thanks. It's a start for me. :-)
Shiloh
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Starhawk's books may help you. She is a very influential figure in Goddess Worship!!!!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”