What type of Wicca is this? or what should i call myself?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Re: What type of Wicca is this? or what should i call myself

Post by loona wynd »

WiccanTeen7 wrote:Oh ok thanks. :)
Just because you are eclectic doesn't mean you can't have a core that comes from one practice over another. It just means that you have studied and explored a wide variety of paths and found truths in some of them that you have adapted for your path or basically use them as you have come to understand them. Eclectic paths are actually the most difficult as we have to form our paths from our own experiences and the ground up essentially.
Lover of War

Post by Lover of War »

Oh thank u
TheGirlOfSecrets

Post by TheGirlOfSecrets »

I personally don't think you should label yourself as a type of wiccan. I mean, you can, but I personally don't think that's such a good idea. Maybe being an eclectic pagan, because you can kinda pick whatever you want. Then again, you could be a faery wiccan... Faery Wicca, or Fairy Wicca is an umbrella term that refers to any tradition of modern Wicca that places an emphasis on the Fey (gnomes, elves, faeries, sprites, etc.), their lore, and their relation to the natural world. "Faery Wicca" may also refer to a specific tradition of Wicca, recently founded by author Kisma Stepanich. Faery Wicca is not related to the late Victor Anderson's Feri Tradition of witchcraft, which is sometimes also spelled Faery or Fairy, nor is it directly related to the gay men's group, the Radical Faeries. Just some bits of Wikipedia there. To be honest with you I haven't looked at what other posters have said, so I don't know if anyone has said anything similar. Somebody who is eclectic, selects from various doctrines, methods or styles those parts she considers the best. Eclectic Pagans form a large group, consisting of people with widely different religious views.
I am always never not broken.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”