They keep dying!!

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
moonlit

They keep dying!!

Post by moonlit »

*BAWLS* I have tried to grow herbs many times over the years and they keep dying! I usually put them in pots inside the house. Should I plant them in the ground? What happens in the winter I dont want them dying! Maybe put them in pots and keep them outside till it gets cold? AAAAAAAARGGGG lol
**Nothing is set in stone**
Isabella

Re: They keep dying!!

Post by Isabella »

First you should know your envoirment. Is it really cold where you live? Do you live in the far north, south or in the middle? If its really could where you live your going to want to keep certain plants inside. You can find more information on a plant by asking people who work at where your buying from or you can find information on the internet or a library. What herb is it your trying to grow?
Peace and Pasta!~
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Herbs like it outdoors, and like Isabella says ask your local nurseryman, they usually won't sell plants that won't thrive in your area, some herbs die back. I never had much luck in a pot with them either. Only for a short time...they just never seemed to thrive. I think if you want them indoors, you really need a grow light.
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Isabella

Post by Isabella »

I keep them inside in the fall and winter. But when I do, some plants require either no, part or full sun, so the ones with part sun needs, basiclly all of them, i move them around my house every day, and whenever my friends come over they always say, " Uh, did you rearage your room or something?" XD
Peace and Pasta!~
Holdasown

Post by Holdasown »

Find a window they like and keep them there. Also make sure your not over watering.

Return to “Gardening”