New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina

Talk about anything you want to here.
lek

New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina

Post by lek »

rambling begins....

What's going on there is a travesty of the greatest magnitude. Women & children, the elderly and men being forced to huddle together for protection from roving bands of anarchists....these same people being lied to by the government....told help is coming and then no help comes.

It does not take this long to get help to desperate, hungry and wounded people. For godsakes we sure got troops into Iraq, half way around the world quicker than we're getting them to Louisiana to help our own people!

When we hear stories of elderly citizens drowning in their attics, disabled people unable to move dying where they lay on roofs, and corpses in the streets for days being eaten by rats....in the USA in the 21st century---
---something is dreadfully wrong with our entire civilization!

Now I hear George W. Bush is going to...."tour the devastion" and speak with the victim....I hope they tear him a new one at the least. If Bush can get in, the National Guard should have been in already for days to establish order, to allow rescue teams to get in to save people....

How many have died because of this delay already? In the coming days we'll surely hear and see stories that will bring tears to our eyes....just think....this has been allowed to happen. We can drop troops from parachutes into jungles half way across the world, but we can't do the same in Louisiana....

Yeah, it's true.

Anyone else echo similar sentiments of anger and disdain for our "government" ?

lek

rambling ends here
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

You echoed my words exactly lek!!!

hedge
[scifichick]

Post by [scifichick] »

I second that as well. Very sad...
Only in silence the word,/ only in dark the light,/ only in dying life:/ bright the hawk's flight/ on the empty sky. --Le Guin

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”