Natural Herbal Contraceptives

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Zili

Natural Herbal Contraceptives

Post by Zili »

my boyfriend is apparently really freaked out by the off chance of us getting pregnant we use protection (condoms because the pill causes bad side effects for me making my endometriosis worse) but he's really super freaked out. sadly I don't think I can ever get pregnant from what the doctors think and his freak outs and not wanting kids hurts but I know its more about him than it is about anything else, he's not even interested in adoption.

so for now unless things change I'm looking for natural herbal contraceptives to help in our anti-baby making status. Does anyone have any info on it?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Natural Herbal Contreceptives

Post by Xiao Rong »

Well, I have heard a great deal about Queen Anne's Lace (a.k.a. wild carrot) as an herbal contraceptive, although it hasn't been proven in any scientific studies. These grow all over North America, and they bloom in the summer and seed in the fall. There is anecdotal evidence that taking a tablespoon or so of crushed seed the morning after (and a few mornings afterwards too, depending on what you read) can disrupt hormones enough to prevent fertilization ... You can read up more about it here: http://www.sisterzeus.com/qaluse.htm. However, I don't know how reliable this information is since everyone has a different method of taking it with varying levels of success, so use it at your own risk or in emergency situations, I guess.

One other thing about Queen Anne's Lace: it is closely related to poison hemlock (which is the poison Socrates took to kill himself - it is deadly even in very small quantities). Queen Anne's Lace typically has hairy stems (hemlock stems are smooth, hairless, and purple towards the bottom) and a telltale purple dot in the center of its lacy flower. The flower heads of Queen Anne's Lace are not divided (unlike hemlock). The surefire way to tell if it's Queen Anne's Lace as opposed to hemlock - pluck some of the leaves and crush them between your thumb and forefinger. It should smell distinctly like carrot. If it smells horrible and disgusting, it is hemlock - throw it away and wash your hands.

TL;DR: Queen Anne's Lace seed pods are said to be a great contraceptive. You should probably do more research on it; use it at your own risk.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I wish I had some advice for you Zili. I know from experience how painful endometriosis is. Sending a furry hug your way.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have heard a large dose of vitamin C post coitus works...mugwort is another thought....I'll ask my midwife friends and get back with you.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Zili

Post by Zili »

thanks everyone for the help and the hugs. I admit now that I think about it even though I want kids myself I'm scared to get pregnant I've already lost two babies (one was post rape the other was caused by a mix of stress and endo being so severe I couldn't make it through the first trimester.) I know the chance of continued miscarriage is high and both times I've lost my babies I've gone into terrible depressions; I don't think I could do that again.
SinOxygen

Natural Herbal Contreceptives

Post by SinOxygen »

There's no fellowship with fools and if you're going to even think about contraceptives, which isn't what you were born to do you said it yourself then I would still go herbal.

You want kids, but seek to impede the very mother you embrace because your boyfriend is freaked out. I remember when I was 14 years old and time trumps even Gods because one day the sun will set on all things living and in the end all you have is your progeny, your offspring, your family. Even if you can't have any or you don't adopt you can't look back and say you didn't try because of a scared man.

He is either not human or not for you or best case he needs your strength and love and power to try.

I'm sorry whoever you are to be crude of rude and I realize it isn't the 1700s, but your making a huge decision based on someone else's needs and not yours and it could be the most important one of your life maybe the question should be about contraceptives, but about where is this relationship going.

Peace and love and I'm just trying to be real
Zili

Post by Zili »

SinOxygen you missed my post right above yours I ended up for sure wanting herbal natural contraceptives because I was scared myself in that moment afraid of losing yet another child it's hard to lose one let alone two. However we ended up just doing our normal condom and other precautions.
SinOxygen

Post by SinOxygen »

Ahhh love I see I thought something else, but might I add shouldn't have a baby over this. I'm sure it's hard everytime like a stake through the heart, but you were born for this.

There's nothing different about someone beating cancer and what your going through and I've had cancer so I've been there.

People beat cancer because they want to live so they can enjoy this and that baseball games and food and I dunno. Life and death is imperative on whether or not you have someone cut from the same cloth as you on this planet. The rest is all just bologna.

People have psyched themselves out now for almost two thousand years that they're somehow not nature, above nature, and it's wild

In essence they are in the same boat because people fighting cancer are only fighting for their lives for the purpose of staying on this earth long enough to have kids, raise kids, or be kids and whether they know it or not doesn't matter a WICCAN should and I'm sure you do.

You can't let the pain and sorrow deter you from trying because in the end the joy could be worth it all. You don't want to look back and say you didn't give it your everything and there may come a time not now but far in the future you may think that.

People in countries who have electronics that give them access to forums have such a great chance of survival, while some people may never be in such a position.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

That's really harsh, SinOxygen. If Zili has reasons for not wanting children at this moment, who are you to judge? Having children is NOT a universal impulse or desire, and saying that "you do want children, you just don't know it" is pretty condescending.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Zili

Post by Zili »

SinOxygen everyone told me after I no longer had my first child (my daughter) that I'd have another child eventually, I'd get pregnant again...I did but my body couldn't handle it and I lost my second child (my son). After I lost my son I was told that my body is so far gone that I barely have a chance of ever getting pregnant.

the majority of women with endometriosis who desire a small family, babies included typically have until the age of 23 or 24 to conceive before their uterus is so scared over that a baby can't attach to the lining and grow. Those with endo who have had a miscarriage or two usually are never able to conceive again.

I have a friend who is now in her 50's who has only ever been pregnant once and she lost her son due to miscarriage. She tried for another 15 years to have a baby and was never given that blessing. She wanted a child so bad she did everything possible to try and conceive but her body just wouldn't. Thosands of dollars were spent on invetro more than once and non took. She's a wiccan and as you say knew she was born to have a child yet wasn't given one.

Just because a person wants children doesn't mean they'll be granted that blessing. And just because a person doesn't want children doesn't mean they wont have them.

this post was about natural herbal contraceptives for the time being. however my relationship is at a standstill because he doesn't know if he wants to go into the unknown future or if he wants to run away. so there's really no point to this post any more other than to pride future readers with the information I had originally requested.
SinOxygen

Post by SinOxygen »

My apologies I mistook her tone in the text sorry Zil

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”