A lot of questions about spirit guides

Discussion about spirit guides, angels, guardian spirits, and the like.
Riyoki24

A lot of questions about spirit guides

Post by Riyoki24 »

How many spirit guides can you have?

Also do new ones appear at different times of your life?

What is the difference between a physical spiritual guide and a non-physical spirit guide?

Also can an old soul come from other planet in the galaxy or beyond?
Zili

Re: A lot of questions about spirit guides

Post by Zili »

Typical there is one spirit guide at a time but native americans believe in total of 9 spirit animals at one time that help you on your journey Above, Spirit Guide, Spirit Self, Familiar, North, East, South, West, and Below.

Spirit Guides or rather the animal they are can change totems change through out life as well. The spirit guide is an entity that stays with you however they take on the form of an animal that needs to be in your life.

I've never heard of a physical spirit guide only metaphysical hence the term spirit (anyone know about physical spirit guides?)

Old Souls are those that have been around for a long long time to ancient Rome and back (some to the creation of the universe although these are rare) so it might be possible that old souls can from another planet or even another galaxy and so forth.
Riyoki24

Post by Riyoki24 »

My best friend and I are both old souls from different planet origins. We have a very strong connection towards each other. He is also my physical spirit guide, I think. Or he is a part of my starseed soul group. From what I know it's a soul group combined from various souls from different planets or some from the same coming together and belong together in some way.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXH1DoX3ciw
"Maybe it's my inherent distrust of authority...Maybe I'm getting hung up on the title...maybe we could call
them spirit guides. But I just don't think of them as better than me at the end of the day. They're friends,
and I take their advice just as seriously as I will take the advice of any other good friend...but really, at the
end of the day, I want to see for myself."

Hi Riyoki24. Been gone for a few months, sorry I missed your post. I'll go ahead and respond to it for those who care to read. Your questions got me thinking about the terms we use in dealing with the paranormal, and about recent changes of heart I've had about my use of a couple of them.

What's in a Name?

The video above is of Michelle Bellanger, an author and psychic/medium featured some years ago on Paranormal State (is that show still on anymore?). She's good at what she does, so I like to hear her views regarding metaphysics. When I first listened to this video, I thought she was being kind of arrogant, and had a problem with authority or something. I mean, who has a problem with the term, "spirit guide"? It's widely accepted; everybody uses it. But over time, my own experiences caused me to re-examine what that and other terms really mean. Not splitting hairs here, just examining things a little.

One thing that got me on this kick was my new view on the term, "near death experience." I used to just blindly say that. But one day I reasoned that if a person clinically dies, no matter for how long a period, and then comes back to life physically ('cause they're never dead spiritually), I should call it a "death experience," period. The person wasn't near it, the person was dead. So why even say "near"?...because everyone else does?

I guess when you're passionate about something, you care about the little things like these, so now I get why in the video Michelle questioned the term, "spirit guide." She wasn't being arrogant, but wanted her experiences reflected accurately in her mind. The word "guide" does kind of assume there's someone needing to be "lead." And in my own experiences, I don't consider that's what the spirit people in my life are here to do. Look, if a flesh and blood friend helps me out with something...is that friend necessarily being my "guide"? Flesh or spirit, our friends are not there for us to hand our power over to them. They're there to inform and/or support our decisions, so we could do our thing. We "guide" ourselves. It's a whole different vibe.

Anyway, back to your questions...

Your Questions
Riyoki24 wrote:How many spirit guides can you have?
I personally don't put a cap on the number of spirit guides a person has...now that would be splittin' hairs! lol. In the video, Bellanger thinks some people don't even have a "study buddy," as she called it. Would I argue with someone who says he has 100 guides, arguing that Sonia Choquette says in her book, Ask Your Guides, you could only have 33, or as Zili mentions above that certain Native American tribes say you could only have 9? I'm sure they all have good reasons for coming up with these finite numbers. But, I've never even thought to count them, and I remain of the opinion there's no cap to the number a soul could have. Maybe one day I'll learn otherwise.
Riyoki24 wrote:Also do new ones appear at different times of your life?
Personally, I could name about 20 that consistently pop in and pop out of my life, have for years. Only two or three of those are with me all the time. I find that the ones that have especially close karmic ties with you, for whatever reason, are around you frequently. The rest are situation-specific, that is, you might only see them when certain activities are occurring in life.

Also, new ones come into your life as your frequency raises, as you grow spiritually and are able to digest higher and higher spiritual concepts. Again, there's no cap on how "high" you could go because that's subjective; it all depends on your motivation to open to spirit, to open up to the myriad dimensions of your own soul, to open up to your destiny here. And that's totally up to you. The Universe provides according to your needs. Or is there some "great, managerial center in the sky," as Bellanger joked in video, that might say to a soul, "Whoa, whoa, wait a minute, buddy. It says here you're already at your 33-spirit-guide limit. Sorry, maybe next incarnation, eh pal? Next!" I tend to think not.
Riyoki24 wrote:What is the difference between a physical spiritual guide and a non-physical spirit guide?
To me, friends are friends, flesh or spirit. I don't think there's much difference between the two because a spirit or an incarnate friend has an "influence" on your life. If you want to consider either one a "guide," that's up to you. Like Bellanger points out, though, it might better to just consider people and beings as friends walking with you on the journey, rather than "guiding" you. In (East) Indian spirituality, while they traditionally had gurus, there was at the same time a popular saying, "The real guru is inside."
Riyoki24 wrote:Also can an old soul come from other planet in the galaxy or beyond?
We are all immortal beings, so in my opinion there are no old souls. Some may have incarnated here more than others, but that's a 3D way of looking at non-3D phenomena. It's quality, not quantity that counts: say a soul decided that it needed to incarnate here over 70 times so it could keep working on transcending its greediness problem (or its anger issue, or whatever).

Say there's another soul who got its greediness attachment out of the way in just five lifetimes, and has moved on to other things. Less is more: the so-called "old" soul was actually the less spiritually-advanced one. He's the one that kept repeating the 4th grade, so to speak. Best way to understand the 4th dimension and beyond, the dimensions of spirit, is to forget about time, forget about old/new, forget about such dualities unique to this dimension.

As to being from somewhere else, again, in my opinion since we are immortal and all from "somewhere else." This planet has been here finite years, as have our bodies. But not so our spirits. So logically, we had to have come from somewhere else. And we will all go somewhere else when we're done incarnating here, ultimately back to Source. Again, divvying people up as to who's a starseed and who's not, who's from here and who's not, it's like organizing a junk drawer or something. It's putting too much emphasis on the quantitative aspect of the gross (meaning solid) bodies we're temporarily inhabiting. Things are much more fluid, subtle than that.

The best to you.

Return to “Spirit Guides, Guardian Spirits, etc.”