Making Essential Oils?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
13Lotuses

Making Essential Oils?

Post by 13Lotuses »

I have noticed that there are a great many uses for essential oils, both magickal and mundane. I have recently been wondering if it is possible to make them without a distiller or any unusual equipment. I have seen ways of making oils in a slow-cooker, but I do not happen to have access to one. If there is a way, does it work with most or all herbs, or are there any that may prove hazardous when prepared in such a manner?

Thanks!

13Lotuses
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.
raynelae

Re: Making Essential Oils?

Post by raynelae »

The simplest way to make oils is by soaking herbs in a jar with your choice of base oil for at least a week. Next, strain the herbs and keep the oil in an airtight container.
You can also simmer the herbs: put a pot on low heat on the stove with base oil and herbs, you will know when to strain the herbs by the scent, then put the oil in an airtight container. :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
13Lotuses

Re: Making Essential Oils?

Post by 13Lotuses »

Excellent! Thanks for the quick answer!
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”