Book Of Shadow Questions

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
August_Leo24

Book Of Shadow Questions

Post by August_Leo24 »

Okay, so my very close friend and I are combining our Books of Shadow into one big Book of Shadow though we are going to have separate Magic Journals (write about our experience with witchcraft) I was curious if this is a good idea. We both think it'll be a great idea as long as we keep our separate magic journals.

Also I'm kind of on writer's block and not sure what else to put in our Book of Shadows. So far we have
-Moon Phases
-13 rules of Witchcraft
-candle colors
-7 archangels
-tarot
-seance
-13 symbols with their meanings
-powers of trees
-22 different spells
-pagan holidays
-Celtic tree calender
-which day to do spells
-40 herbs
-crystals/gemstones
-auras
-astral projection
-casting a circle

We want this book to be filled with a lot of helpful things. Does anyone have any other things to add to our book?
Isabella

Re: Book Of Shadow Questions

Post by Isabella »

Its a perfect idea to combine your BOS's. You can also add food's magikal uses, like apples or tomatoes. Ravencry's BOS in members book of shadows has a list of foods magikal uses.
Peace and Pasta!~
Witchcraftwitch

Post by Witchcraftwitch »

You have great information there and combining BOSs is a good idea. I would suggest sense you have casting a circle in there you should also include other basics like raising and grounding energy. Just learn more and more and you'll have enough information, may I suggest reading books for Wiccan Recipes and Herbal uses, and etc. . Good luck and great idea!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

...then you can add the Elementals and how they work
in spells and rituals...
Dorothy Morrison's Witch's book of shadows has a few chapters(?) about
the Elementals...
Debroah Lipp has 3 books dealing with Elementals
Alot of the time you can borrow metaphysical books from the library
to see if you even like the book/author before you purchase it
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz

Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
raynelae

Post by raynelae »

Scott Cunningham has two great books about elementals :) definatly add the elements to your BOS!
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”