Centering

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Moonstone Ivy

Centering

Post by Moonstone Ivy »

Does anyone know how to centre your energy? I've read about it a few times but they dont explain how to do it. :shock:
raynelae

Re: Centering

Post by raynelae »

As in grounding energy? If so...It's best to go outside and stand on the Earth and visualize your feet rooted into the Earth. Feel all your energy going into the Earth and the Earth's fresh energy entering you :)
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Centering is using thought for drawing energy into the belly, pulling your power within your gut so to say. In meditation centering unites us to our divine being, in magical use centering allows the divine to guide our magical will.
. Ground to make the sacred earth connection. Think of your energy-body focused along your spine, then descending into the sacred Earth. Energy follows thought.
. Focus on the belly and draw energy from earth and sky on your breath. Think of the energy pooling in your belly with each inhale. When you're "getting" it there's a sense of quiet calm and depth.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

raynelae wrote:As in grounding energy? If so...It's best to go outside and stand on the Earth and visualize your feet rooted into the Earth. Feel all your energy going into the Earth and the Earth's fresh energy entering you :)
This is generally done to release any extra energy build up during ritual, and you described it well Ray. One could also place their palms upon the ground and visualize the energy flowing back to the earth, and this is what is done at the end of a ritual and a few times during a ritual.

The OP is curious about the act of centering as SpiritTalker points out:
SpiritTalker wrote:Centering is drawing energy into the belly, pulling your power within your gut so to say. In meditation centering unites us to our divine being, in magical use centering allows the divine to guide our magical will.
. Ground to make the sacred earth connection. Reinforce the thought with physically pulling up your toes slightly.
. Focus on the belly as you inhale. Think of the energy pooling in your belly with each inhale. When you're "getting" it there's a sense of quiet calm.
I continue the above visualization and add another element which is the sky.
Imagine you are a tree, your body is the trunk and your feet have sent out deep roots, if you wish raise your arms and hands as your branches extending out into the cosmos, (Or imagine these branches sprouting from your head) When you have become this fabulous "World Tree" draw in the energies as Spirit explained and focus them in your solar plexus area, your belly or your heart. (different schools of thought use different centers, Choose the one that works best for you).
As you breath draw in the sparkling star energy through your branches and from your feet draw the nourishing minerals through your roots, pull them to the center spot to find the calm within as you realize you are the conduit to all the worlds for in this moment your walk between the worlds and are one with the in between spaces.
When you feel calm, focused and energized you may begin your ritual, This is where you will build up energy during your ceremony.
Additionally, this visual can be done anytime in to realign ones self when the crazy of the day gets to be too much or you just need a boost of energy and focus.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
MizLynn3

Post by MizLynn3 »

When I feel ungrounded I either walk barefoot in the grass or take a sliver spoon, be it stainless steel or sliver. Rub the curved part on the bottom of your feet.
It instantly grounds you.

Love n Blessings.
MizLynn

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”