Three "Number 3" Cards in a Reading...Coincidence?!!

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Hiddencast

Three "Number 3" Cards in a Reading...Coincidence?!!

Post by Hiddencast »

I posted this both in here and in general. I need some help. This has NEVER happened to me before. I was doing a reading for someone. Past present and future. I got

3 of wands. 3 of swords. and the 3 of pentacles....

Does this mean anything? Or is it just...coincidence...
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
Whitelion728

Re: Three "Number 3" Cards in a Reading...Coincidence?!!

Post by Whitelion728 »

Not sure if true, but my friend says thesesp are devil numbers 333 999
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

uh, I'm pretty sure that is not devil numbers, as I recall those would be 666, But hey! not my pantheon. Threes are lucky and represent the trinity, and maiden, mother, crone. Anything in three is a good thing. FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Whitelion728

Post by Whitelion728 »

did i mentionmy friend lies alot. if it is good luck i have a feeling u should buy some lottery tickets :3
DaughterofErebus

Re: HELP PLEASE HELP!

Post by DaughterofErebus »

I have tarot cards and I know what they mean but it is a very rare thing to get 3 of the same numbered minor arcana cards in a row!!!!! I've personally never have seen anything like this, so I cant tell you what it means but it must be special. :D It probally isn't coincidence and If you would have flipped over a fourth card it probally would have been the three of cups.
Never let life kill your spark ~ Crown the Empire
SolarEclipse

Post by SolarEclipse »

anyone is very welcome to give feedback on my thoughts or even constructive criticism, but my interpretation on this is as follows: wands are a tool of magic, and can represent magic. swords are used by warriors, and that could mean either a battle of some sort or a form of protection. pentacles can mean many things, so ill request help on that one from another.

my thoughts on the wand and the sword are something may be about to happen, in which magic or other such forces may be involved, and the sword may represent a battle/struggle to come or something may come about to protect. i'll admit im not that skilled at stuff like this, so if anyone sees a need to correct me i would actually appreciate the deed
Whitelion728

Post by Whitelion728 »

I agree with solar eclipse, although I think the sword could be that, or another ritual supply. Maybe to say ou will need to use a ritual or something like that
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ok, Ill' try to elaborate,...
Three of wands,...past- this is a start up venture of some kind that required lots of work and at least one other partner, that is now defunct (because it is in the past), Three of swords,..present- Questioner is undergoing angony of the mind that is breaking thier heart, or the situation at hand is more than their heart can bear, Three of pentacles,..future- a stabalizing or moneymaking endevor is on the horizion or some kind of foundational thing will present itself (like when a window shuts a door opens) Or Doors, (if you could see the card it should depict 3 pentacles in a doorway) like portals are the openings to new possibilites.
The fact that it is three sets of three, make this a very powerful and important reading, that totals 9...the number of completion, ...if the law is three by three, as we do will...so mote it be...we are stating that it be final and comlpete, because 3x3=9.
Whoever you did this reading for is in for a change...Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
AariadaWillow

Post by AariadaWillow »

When 3 threes are present, a lie is close by. I read that somewhere, you might look into it. But as for the cards themselves, in my interpretation, I feel that the 3 of wands means the completion of a phase or turning point in life. The end if the beginning I suppose. Then, the 3 of swords shows peace of mind. A heart of sorrow seeing hope again. Finally, the 3 of pentacles reminds us that there is still work to be done, you aren't finished yet.
The_Reclining_Reader

Post by The_Reclining_Reader »

According to A.E. Waite, in The Key to the Tarot, three threes means unity. It's a book every Tarot reader should have.
The Reclining Reader
Media Reviews and Tarot

Return to “Tarot Talk”