Why is it easier for me to read for other people?

For discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing, etc. Questions, answers, and talk about Divination.
tomas95

Why is it easier for me to read for other people?

Post by tomas95 »

Hello there,

For a while now, I've been reading cards, and I am the proud owner of many decks. But I can't help to notice that it is always much easier to read for someone else, rather than myself? Is is just me? Why does this happen? Has it happened to you?

Thanks
Kei Kawazu

Re: Why is it easier for me to read for other people?

Post by Kei Kawazu »

Maybe because it's not as personal, but idk what type of people you read for, but im sure it has to do with that. Maybe you could pretend to give yourself a reading, as if you are sitting in front of you, and treat it like it really is just like anybody else you gave a succesful reading to.
roseonfire

Post by roseonfire »

It will basically boil down to whether or not you are able to take in what the cards are telling you. If some part of you doesn't want to know, or is affraid to know, then you won't be able to read for yourself, even if you can read just fine for someone else. Try to take yourself out of it when you do a reading. Your intuition should know what each card means within 3 seconds of it coming up. It might help to go through it fast enough that you don't have the time to reason about what the cards tell you. Also, when you read for yourself, do you feel like there's a block? Something your mind says it doesn't want to see? I'd try to think about what you're reading about and see if there is an obvious reason why. Something you don't want to happen? That you don't want to hear? Meditate on it. Once you feel up to knowing, your reading will flow smoothly.
The Goddess is like the moon itself, guiding us in our darkest moments.
autumnAria

Post by autumnAria »

I have the same problem. Though it doesn't seem to be a matter of me not being able to read them or blocking the answers but the cards themselves come out very muddled and in arrangements that don't really have anything to do with the question being asked.
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

It happens to me as well, I believe that when you read for someone else, the cards attune to them, while when you reading for yourself the cards attune to your own feelings, so if you are sad, they will have a sad result or happy, a happy result, which means they won't say the truth because they get confused by your feelings, thats my opinion. BUT I noticed that if you take deep breaths and thinking only that you want to do a reading for you, you will have accurate reading for yourself too!
What Goes Around,Comes Around!

Return to “General Divination”