Yule is almost here!

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
raynelae

Yule is almost here!

Post by raynelae »

Yule, as we know, is the winter equinox. For our ancestors, it was a time for relaxation; they would burn the traditional Yule log and admire the Yule tree. Yule marks the returning of the sun. It represents rebirth, for we must die some kind of death (rather it be spiritual or physical) before we are new again. Though Yule is a lesser Sabbat, it is an important Sabbat, for without winter we couldn't have spring and summer.

I suggest doing a ritual to welcome in the light. Drawing down the sun could be a great Yule ceremony. To draw down the sun, perform in the same way you would draw down the moon, except whilst drawing down the sun you are invoking your inner God. So for you, I will share my ritual of drawing down the sun:

1. Start by casting a circle.
2. Hold your arms in chalice pose (feet planted firmly into the ground and arms raised above your head in a circle).
3. Visualize the sun going into your arms, feel it's weight, but keep in chalice pose.
4. Still in chalice pose say,
"I am a God of many names: Pan, Zeus, Apollo, Lugh, and many more
Honor me with all your heart
I am a God of love and care
May you be filled with raw emotion, tears, and love
Call on Me when you need my help and when you need my love
For you are My child and I love you."
5. Lower your arms and direct the energy in your circle.
6. Thank the God in some way.
7. Close the circle, or begin your ritual.

I hope I helped you in many ways.
Blessed be,
Raynelae
Peace cannot be kept by force but can only be achieved through understanding (Albert Einstein) ~coexist~

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”