FiendishPixie's Book of Shadows

Start your own thread named "[Name's] Book of Shadows" and add spells, rituals, correspondences, music, videos, etc. that you would like to keep for future use or share with others. Use as many posts as you'd like. It's not private, but at least your family won't see it. You can also get ideas from other people's Books of Shadows.
FiendishPixie

FiendishPixie's Book of Shadows

Post by FiendishPixie »

MORGAN'S BOOK OF SHADOWS

Feel free to post comments or questions about anything I add to this. :D
FiendishPixie

Re: FiendishPixie's Book of Shadows

Post by FiendishPixie »

BATH SALTS
I like making these for myself and as gifts, but I rarely use them myself. I suggest using them as Yule gifts or for ritual/purifying baths. This makes (around) 2 cups of the salt. ALSO; according to some research a friend just made me do, table salt will probably work fine.

You'll need:
- 2/3 cups of Epsom Salt
- 2/3 cups of dead sea salt
- 1/3 cup cup of baking soda
- Some essential oil or other good smelling oil (you might want it to match your intent)
- Something to put it in (I recommend jars)
- A bowl and spoon/whisk to mix it in
- Food coloring (optional; this can match your intent to, like if this is something you plan on using before, say, love or friendship spells, so you could make it pink or red)

Mix the Epsom salt, dead sea salt and baking soda in the bowl. Add around 5-7 drops of the scent, or more if you need to. Mix it in too; I used a spoon for this because it starts to make little clumps in the mixture after a few seconds, which might be hard to break up with a whisk. If you're adding food coloring, add it now and mix it.

Once that's done, hold your hands over it and bless it by saying (and I know this doesn't rhyme, my stuff rarely does):
I cleanse, consecrate, and empower this this salt for [whatever]. So mote it be.
FiendishPixie

Post by FiendishPixie »

THE CALL OF THE ANCIENTS
(Taken from Wicca: For the Rest of Us)

Eko, Eko, Azarak,
Eko, Eko, Zomelak,
Eko, Eko, Pan,
Eko, Eko, Dianna!
Darksome night and shinning moon,
East, then South, then West, then North,
Hearken to the Wiccan Rune.
Here we come to call you forth!
Earth and water, air and fire,
Wand, and pentical and sword.
Work ye unto our desire,
Harken ye unto our word!
Cords and censer, scourge and knife,
Powers of the witche's blade.
Waken all ye unto life,
Come ye as the charm is made!
Queen of heaven, Queen of hell,
Horned hunter of the night.
Lend your power unto our spell,
And work our will by magic rite.
In the earth and air and sea,
By the light of moon and sun.
As our will, so mote it be,
As it is said, so be it done!
Eko, Eko, Azarak,
Eko, Eko, Zomelak.
Eko, Eko, Pan,
Eko, Eko, Dianna!
FiendishPixie

Post by FiendishPixie »

INSOMNIA, SLEEPING AND DREAM SPELLS
QUICK SLEEP SPELL -
First, take a small piece of paper, solid-colored. With a blue pen/pencil/crayon/etc., draw these two symbols (a waning crescent moon and an upside-down triangle), side-by-side:

Slip the paper into your top pillowcase, around the area where you'll lay your head. Relax.

SLEEPING SPELL 2

This calls for a bit of purple yarn (for falling asleep), a chunk of amethyst (sleep, again) and a bit of bay leaf (if you want; for psychic dreams).
Cleanse, consecrate, etc. the cord. Wrap it around the stone with the bay pressed to the stone - so the bay will be wrapped too. Say this charm until you're done:
"Goddess of the moon
Goddess of the night,
By this stone, enchanted cord and bay,
Help sleep come this way."

HERBS FOR SLEEP, REST, AND DREAMS

Dill - sleep inducing
Chamomile - battles insomnia
Valerian - battles insomnia
Bay - prophetic dreams
FiendishPixie

Post by FiendishPixie »

NOTES ON WICCAN GROUPS
Wicca has many different sects, or traditions as they're typically called. These range from the ceremonial paths to eclectic paths. Traditions like the Dianic path basically only worship the Goddess. Typically, the founder of a tradition dies before the practice is considered a tradition.
Clans are groups of covens, which are groups of witches who study, practice magick and/or celebrate/worship together regularly. Covens can follow a certain tradition or they can be eclectic, with each person having different, although sometimes similar beliefs. Circles are groups of witches who meet with less regularity and formality than covens. Solitary witches practice alone, but they might attend circles sometimes; sometimes for sabbats or other festivals.

Return to “Member's Books of Shadows”