Idnt plan to do it, just a question....

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
SerenityRavensworth

Idnt plan to do it, just a question....

Post by SerenityRavensworth »

Wat does Wicca say bout suicide? Is there a certain place u go or sumthing?
AutumnMaidens

Re: Idnt plan to do it, just a question....

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Well depending on the path some stories might differ but I'll try to explain what I know:

The body is the vesel that is given to us by mother earth, it is the temple in which we revere the spirit, therefore we should take care of our temple to honour the gift the mother gave to us. The spirit that is held within the vesel is eternal and will either regenerate into the next life where karma will dictate the course of its path or it will go to the summerlands where the self will rest until it is ready to regenerate.

Knowing this we know that suicide is not taking care of the temple that is our body. And so karma will dictate what is to become of the regenerated spirit.

Know that the goddess loves you though, and do not fear her judgement like the christians fear their god.
Bless
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Luna Lisa

Re: Idnt plan to do it, just a question....

Post by Luna Lisa »

If you want my opinion on the issue. SerinirtyRavensWorth. The Harm None Rule in Wicca to me not only applys to not wishing harm unto others. But also not to harm thyself. Their are some other relgions or groups that do talk about the question that your asking but its in a Deeper and Darker form of magic, and a darker form of Witchcraft, and even in Some Satainists beliefs. But I wouldn't fool around with it unless you know what your doing. Even some Satainists believe that the body and mind shouldn't be devoured by harming itself as well as no one else. *Shrugs* But Sucide isn't the answer to any solution.

Return to “Mental Health”