Mars Comes Close

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Blue Moon Princess

Mars Comes Close

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

Chris - Can you share your thoughts on Mars coming close to the Earth next month? Is there any astrological significance?

For anyone who hasn't caught the articles, at the beginning of August, Mars will rise in the east at about 10pm (MDT?) and will be large...very large and quite spectacular by August 27th.

Blessings,
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Well, this is an event that is more astronomical in its excitement, although, since many people are more visually oriented, those who can actually see the bright neighbour may attune to Martian energy more easily. So yes and no. It is significant, but also really does not change Mars moving through your chart's houses. Wherever mars is in your transit chart during the next month, that is where the energy will be felt. But, I will be keeping an eye on certain behaviours as well--as Mars is so passionate and sometimes violent. Funny, astrologers do not typically chart Mars' two moons: Phobos and Deimos (Fear and Panic). The bodies are just too small like many of the asteroids in the Main belt or Kuiper belt. Think of it this way Blue Moon Princess, every night when the moon rises over the horizon it "appears" much bigger and closer to the earth than it does when it is atop the night sky. But, this horizonal effect does not change the lunar transit nor its emphasis, nor does it change the moon's distance from the Earth.

Nevertheless, by August 9th Mars will be leaving its own sign in Aries and entering Taurus and this may cause a change in the Mars' energy output--this fire will become more concrete and more grounded, perhaps even a little more stablized. An Astronomical event differs from an astrological one (say for instance a grand cross) and as we "evolve" through the white robed age of science, astrology and astronomy are not as close of bedfellows as they used to be. In fact, the eliptic has changed since astrologers charted out the eliptic beginning 3000 years ago. Technically, right now the sun is still in Cancer in the sky as it is passing through the constellation. However, astrologically, (based on the ancient method) the sun in our charts is now in Leo. Every 50 years or so we turn back a few degrees in the eliptic. So the Vernal Equinox happens now when the sun in the sky is still in Pisces. This is a process called precession in astronomy. Astronomers are the first to reject any astrological interpretation as the data, to them, is innaccurate. I always say to them, yes, but does astrology work? Their lack of openness prevents them from answering this question. But, through my experience in this soft science, I can only answer with a resounding "YES!! IT F&@*#NG WORKS!!!" How? I dunno, ask the Gods!!!!!?

Wow, sorry, this became a lecture. Anyways, thanks for provoking me to think about this Blue Moon Princess!!

Bless you and your stars,

bsp
xoxo
Meketheru

Re: Mars Comes Close

Post by Meketheru »

Blue Moon Princess wrote: For anyone who hasn't caught the articles, at the beginning of August, Mars will rise in the east at about 10pm (MDT?) and will be large...very large and quite spectacular by August 27th.
There is a false email going around, saying it will be the closest to the earth and wont be as close for some crazy number of years or whatever. That Mars will look almost as big as the full moon. I dunno how tha bit got in there, but this email is a few years old and was good in 2003. Mars was very close then, but definietly not moon sized. This year Mars comes close again around Halloween however.
http://www.earthsky.com/skywatching/tsky.php?t=20050805

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”