How Does A Spell End?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Luna*Cat

How Does A Spell End?

Post by Luna*Cat »

Another newbie question. Sorry for asking so many questions, I am reading as much as I can but questions just pop into my head that I feel I should ask.

Here goes, if, for what ever reason you use a spell, For examlpe only: a protection spell, when you feel you or who ever, no longer need that the help of that spell does it just "run it's course" or do you have to release it/ end it?

Just curious, thats all. I assume the spells energy would only be active for a certain amount of time, but I just wondered what happens after it is no longer needed.

I apologise for all the questions......

Blessed Be
Leo*Moon

In my opinon...

Post by Leo*Moon »

My personal opinion is that spells will run their course and that they end when you stop putting energy toward them, they're no longer needed, or they simply accomplished their goals. If it's a spell that needs to be effective over a longer period of time, it needs to be refreshed just by periodically putting energy toward it (but thats for seriously long-term spells). I think the answer to this question varies from person to person.
The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. ~Shakespeare
Matt*

Post by Matt* »

Please don't apologise Scarlett, we were all new once.

In my experience a spell will always be there until it is reversed, unless you have written the spell for a specific time period.

If you need to know anything please just ask, there is plenty of people on this site that will give you advice on whatever subject you need answers too.

Blessings

Matt
Am I awake or am I still dreaming?
Luna*Cat

Post by Luna*Cat »

Thank you for your replies. I know it means asking a lot of questions, but sometimes it is nice to actually ask the questions and get other peoples views rather than try to find the answers in a book.
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Much better. Sometimes books aren't always right.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

Scarlett, dont apologize. It's great to ask questions!!! It's better to ask 100 questions instead of making a mistake that you will regret! Your asking questions to be sure of things is proof that you are intelligent and seriouse about what you do! You deserve a round of applause! :D
**Nothing is set in stone**
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

*claps*
Luna*Cat

Post by Luna*Cat »

Thank you, Thank you. The round of applause is most encouraging.
Aloron

Post by Aloron »

Yeah Hehe, what good is a question and answer board if people dont ask questions. Anyways in my experiance spells dont often end or begin for me. If I am doing a spell to protect myself I usually have an idea of what I am protecting myself from. When the crisis is averted the spell doesnt have a purpose anymore and I suppose the energy just slips away. But for a general protection spell I think as long as you pay attention to the fact that the spell still exists and recharge any amulet/talisman you may be using once and a while it would go on forever.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”