Help re books and music

Share and discuss pagan music, TV shows, movies, and websites. You may offer your occult/witchcraft-related services here.
Feather_Rainbow

Help re books and music

Post by Feather_Rainbow »

Riteo then.

I'll be honest, hold my hands up and say I haven't searched the site for this as I haven't got much time these days. (Busy renovating our new home! :D ) Especially atm, as I have to leave in like a few mins.

I was wondering if some people could point me in the right direction. I'm looking for to discover some pagan music.
I'm not into screamo or heavy rock. More like Evanescence and I also I like classical. I'm currently listening to some Nature Sounds, which are generally used for meditation but I listen to them on the train on the way into work as, amongst the hustle and bustle of traffic, they set me in the mood for the day.

Does anyone have any advice on Guided meditations I could download off iTunes? I'm looking something for spirit guides/animals and angels. Something along those lines would be good.

One other thing (I promise this is the last!) could someone point me in the right direction regarding pagan novels. I'm not fussy so long as it's not horror, or scary. I was thinking something along the lines of past lives, wicca/witchcraft, angels, mythology. That sort of thing.

I know this seems like a lot to ask but as you guys know the pagan world better than I do, so I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction.

Sorry for asking so much, I'm literally about to rush out the door.

Thanks

Feather_Rainbow
Ula

Re: Help re books and music

Post by Ula »

I don't listen to pagan music. Unless Rock and Roll counts. halfsm

If you go to ITunes and search Witch's Primer pod cast there are mediations on elements, grounding and centering and spirit guides. I can't do a direct link from work so if you have an issue let me know.

Are you looking for fiction or non-fiction books?
Autumnal Rose

Post by Autumnal Rose »

It might be just my personal taste but I do most of my meditation to celtic bagpipes. Really relaxing and some beautiful tunes. I believe a recording can be picked up for a reasonable price at most music shops. Very much worth a listen (especially if you can get the track "Mountains of Mourne").
Feather_Rainbow

Ula wrote:I don't listen to pagan music. Unless Rock and Roll counts. halfsm

If you go to ITunes and search Witch's Primer pod cast there are mediations on elements, grounding and centering and spirit guides. I can't do a direct link from work so if you have an issue let me know.

Are you looking for fiction or non-fiction books?
Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, I was very busy. I was actually thinking along the line of fiction books. I love fiction. It takes me out of this world into a world I'd love to be in.
Feather_Rainbow

Autumnal Rose wrote:It might be just my personal taste but I do most of my meditation to celtic bagpipes. Really relaxing and some beautiful tunes. I believe a recording can be picked up for a reasonable price at most music shops. Very much worth a listen (especially if you can get the track "Mountains of Mourne").
I love the song "Mountains of Mourne". Plus they're just a couple of hours drive down the road from me! :)
Ula

Post by Ula »

Right now I am reading the Kelly Armstrong Otherworld series, Snookie Stackhouse books and Laurel K. Hamilton's Anita Baker series. Of the three I like the Otherworld best.
Feather_Rainbow

What is the Otherworld series based on? Is it like ghosts/past lives/ psychics?
Do you know of any ficton books based on witchcraft/wicca?

Thanks for your help.
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

I love 'Witch Light' by Susan Fletcher also known as 'Corrag'. It is a book about a young girl who faces death for being 'Witch'. It tells of her life leading up to her capture, her love for nature and what 'Witch' means to her. I love the way Susan Fletcher writes about nature and breathtaking scenes. It is sad in places, happy in others. I couldn't put the book down and felt really sad when it was finished. I don't often feel moved by a book but I totally was by this one.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Feather_Rainbow wrote:What is the Otherworld series based on? Is it like ghosts/past lives/ psychics?
Do you know of any ficton books based on witchcraft/wicca?

Thanks for your help.

The Otherworld has werewolves, vampires, witches, sorcerers, ghosts, necromancers, clairvoyants, angels. It's all encompassing.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Blackmore's Night is a good band with a lot of pagan-sounding songs. They're actually Renaissance music, not rock, but it's about the closest you'll get to pagan rock music. Of course Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac have a lot of witchy-sounding songs. John Denver has tons of pagan-sounding songs, but most people don't appreciate his talent. I wasn't aware that he had a dorky TV show that ruined his reputation so I only know him by his music, which I love.

Return to “Websites, Media and Services”