A Good Book?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
[Chaz]

Post by [Chaz] »

Nope, I did not get that from a Dan Brown book (haven't even read his work), I got it from a documentary I was watching on The History Channel about a week ago (and they did mention the book, and discredited it quit nicely,) dated 2005. Whether or not it was referring to Leonardo's painting I do not know, as they were just referring to Mary M. being seated next to Jesus during the last supper. I would assume you are correct regarding the painting, unless there are some documents out there somewhere that show a roll call was made at the last supper along with a seating chart.
BlackenedRose*

Post by BlackenedRose* »

Lol! That would make it a lot easier!

Despite all the hype, Dan Brown books are not all that good.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I'm starting to change my mind about Silver Ravenwolf. Although I still think her books are funny and interesting, I guess I didn't pay much attention to her personal beliefs and what she is teaching the kids. Here is a good article I ran across that explains why some of her teachings are just plain dumb and wrong:
http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/vanthal/608/id57.htm

The other article that was linked to from this thread really seemed like a lot of nit-picking on small topics that don't matter to most witches, but this article points out many of her flaws, such as saying that ALL witches believe in a three-fold law and that witches would never harm another person... stuff like that. It's nonsense. She is talking about Wiccan beliefs, it sounds like, but she is claiming these values apply to all witches, when obviously it does not.

I guess if you are going to read her books, which are basically good in my opinion, just remember that her beliefs do not have to be YOUR beliefs and that she does not represent the majority of witches with the things she says.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”