Comprehensive Astrology?

General questions and conversations about astrology.
coriander

Comprehensive Astrology?

Post by coriander »

I have been interested in astrology for quite a while, and something frustrating for me is that I can only find information about the pieces, not the whole. For example, I can read all I want about my Sun Sign, or Moon Sign, or Venus... but I can't find anything that explains how these signs play off each other. I know the characteristics of a Taurus sun and the characteristics of a Pisces moon (to use myself as an example), but I would like to understand how these work together. What are the characteristics of a Taurus-sun-Pisces-moon? And so on... Are there resources that would tell you that sort of thing? Is it just so in-depth you would have to go speak to a real expert?

Thank you!
Come fire, come water, come karma, we're all in transition
The Wheel of Becoming erases the physical mind
Till all the remains is a staircase of misinformation
And the code we inherit, the basis, the essence of life.
MeallaAoi

Re: Comprehensive Astrology?

Post by MeallaAoi »

smiley17_snarl
I used to know a book that had a really good comprehensive overview of the Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, and Ascendant signs, and how they all interacted, but as soon as I needed to tell you the name... Of course, I've forgotten it. So yes, there is a resource for you, and yes I know what it is, but no, I can't tell you right now. Gimme a day or so to find the name and I'll look it up.
...damn memory playing tricks on me... :evil:
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
coriander

Post by coriander »

Haha, that happens to me all the time! Thank you for your help. I'm glad someone understands what I am talking about!
FireQueen

Post by FireQueen »

No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.
being-singular-plural

Post by being-singular-plural »

Astrology is ultimately an intuitive craft. I have known my full chart including asteroids for over 20 years now and I still find new relations, new ideas, new concerns, new dilemmas. It's "poetry in motion" as they say. There is no end to it, so if you seek some kind of final astrological analysis, you are in the wrong universe! That said, you really only need to begin to work with 12 things. The signs, the planets, and the houses--granted, there are more than 12 celestial bodies to work with..but once you get the gist of the general meanings behind each of the 12 signs, the ruling planets, and the corresponding 12 houses, then you can begin to mix and match relations between the signs, planets, and houses. I have yet to see an online or computer generated astrology report that includes enough specifics concerning the aspects between the houses...they always seem to leave that out. For example, a Sun in Taurus in the 11th House is quite different than a Sun in Taurus in the 4th house. Morevover, most houses are coloured by two signs, and these overlaps are pretty much never discussed in general reports. To take the examle further, Generic "Sun in 4th House" write-ups leave out the Taurean flavour (let alone if Gemini is also part of the 4th house), so it is rather inadequate. A Moon in Pisces is typically harmonious with a sun in Taurus (since the signs are sextile) but, depending on the houses in aspect, the precise degree of the planet positions, and other aspects touching either the sun or the moon, there could be (for a very general contrast) either too much dreaminess, escapism, and insecurity from the Pisces Moon or a tension and stifling of one's imaginative resources in favour of worldly/ego/"stuff" concerns from the Taurus sun. Each chart is unique and cannot be replicated for 20,000 years. The details are endless. The best way to get into your chart is through live, one on one readings with adept astrologers. "Canned" reports as someone said, are a good start, but the real poetry happens live, off the floor! If any of you are interested, I may be starting up a live, one on one reading enterprise (via skype) in the near future because my old generic astro-report business is a mere introduction to your chart and feels too incomplete...(even though astrology is perpetually incomplete)! I hope this helps shed some light on the complex art...
coriander

Post by coriander »

Thank you for the explanation. That makes a lot of sense. And yes, please let me know if you start doing live readings like that. I finally know my actual birth time, so I am definitely interested in looking more in depth into my chart!

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”