Quotes to think on

Discussion of healing and energy work. (We have a new forum for Prayer Requests. It's down in the Member's Nook.)
Raconteuse

Quotes to think on

Post by Raconteuse »

I've noticed much discord around lately and I wish to offer a few of my favorite quotes in hopes they will bring comfort and self reliance and strength to those they need them.

"That magnificent escape from anguish and ignorance--never happens by accident. It results from the brave and sometimes lonely battle of one person against their own weaknesses." -Bhikkhu Nyanasobhano, "Landscapes of Wonder"

"Reflection: All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. See yourself in others. Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do?" -Dhammapada 129-130 (Teachings of Buddha)

"If you want to change the world.
Love yourself and be awake-
Today, tomorrow, always.

First establish yourself in the way,
Then teach others,
And so defeat sorrow.

To straighten the crooked
You must first do a harder thing-
Straighten yourself.

You are your only master.
Who else?
Subdue yourself,
And discover your master" – Dhammapada

"Those who are doing what they were meant to do have the wisdom to keep their own councel, and do not waste their time trying to discourage others.

Healthy individuals seek only to lift their fellows to a new level of progress.

They are so busily engaged in promoting their purpose on Earth that they have NO TIME to waste with anyone or anything that does not contribute in one way or another to that purpose.

This is not a self-centered mode of living, because those who do what they love to do are so good at what they do, they give others exactly what they want.

We are here to serve others, by doing only what we love and were meant to do". – David Wolfe

"Do you do this to be something or be a part of something.

Do you do what you do to become whole as you are, because you believe are not already?

Have you found the universe within you, or are you still seeking (out there?)

Do not blame others for being unfufilled or having an unfufilled being.

Completeness comes from within not without, only we are responsible for that.

The farther you seek to find yourself the farther away you are.

You will only ever fear loosing what you have never had, or know you do not deserve. Release what is not and has never been yours or you in order see what clearly is yours and who YOU clearly are.

You are already that what you wish to become, what you are not, is the illusion or anothers vision of you through your very own eyes.

Need only pushes the object farther away, like grasping under water, grasping is greed. The precious gems of the rainbow are missed if the focus is only on the gold / goal. The journey is always worth more than the destination.

are you seeking to be something else, be a part of something else or to live fully as who you already are?" - Unknown
Ses

Re: Quotes to think on

Post by Ses »

These are lovely :)
I am who I am because of what I have done - Niall Gallagher

Return to “Healing and Energy Work”