Recommended Reads....?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Luna_Mist

Recommended Reads....?

Post by Luna_Mist »

Hi guys I am brand new to this - although I have been interested in witchcraft since my teens I have only just decided to fully embrace it and now that I have I am really excited to get started!
Just wondering if anyone can recommend any good books? Not only to get me started but also to continue my path with must have spell books etc...

I have ordered the first 2 silver ravenwolf books as I had the teen witch book of hers given to me when I was younger but have had mixed feedback about them so anything anyone can recommend would be great.

What helped you when you first got started?
What are your must have/cannot do without books now?

Thanks and blessed be!
Black_Tail
Banned Member

Re: Recommended Reads....?

Post by Black_Tail »

i highly recommend Scott Cunningham and Raymond Buckland.
Becareful about RavenWolf, a lot of people will tell you her books are fluffy and she twists things around. I'd recommend reading her stuff after you've got a few different authors under your belt so you can make up your own mind about her.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Please Read Deborah Lipp: Way of the Four. There is some beautiful information about the elements in this book.
Luna_Mist

Post by Luna_Mist »

Thanks - I am making a reading list in the back of my BOS!
Tails thanks for the warning about Ravenwolf its a shame I didnt look into her a bit more before buying the books - got a bit over-excited about my start in the witchy ways!
Think I will just use her books for the jeneral basics and take her opinions with a pinch of salt....
ebenb84

Post by ebenb84 »

i personally liked the silver ravenwolf books as i felt she had a lot of good information in her books but a lot of it you have to kind of take with a grain of salt. scott cunningham is also good with his book wicca for the solitary practitioner. currently i am re-reading witchcraft theory and practice by ly de angeles. so you might look into this book
allyouneedislove

Post by allyouneedislove »

Ann moura has written several good books on green witchcraft that are good, i would recommend those. "drawing down the moon" is also a wonderful good book. the "fluffy bunny" authors like silver ravenwolf and fiona horne are fun books, but i wouldnt take them too seriously.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”