my story

Discuss mental health issues, including suicidal thoughts, here.
ebenb84

my story

Post by ebenb84 »

i've noticed lately that there are a few of you that are talking about suicide, well i'm going to tell you my story in hopes that it will help any of you. i was at one time suicial myself, i was about 22 years old, was in an abusive relationship, had a dead end job and at that point was having some extreme problems with my family. it was about a week before thanksgiving when i got out of bed in the middle of the night and overdosed on some medication that was in the medicine cabinet. well shortly there after i passed out and i guess woke my ex up and he realized what i had done. well come to find out i had died for a short time and all i can really remember of the experience was that i was aware of what had happened but i found myself somewhere completely dark and very cold. it was really pretty scary. then i felt this whooshing sensation and the next thing i knew i was waking up in the hospital in my damn underwear with everyone i knew standing around me (embarrassing). i ended up staying in the hospital for nearly a week. come to find out that whatever combination of pills i took there was nothing the hospital could do because if they treated one it would enhance the other and vice versa. i should be dead right now but i got lucky.

now i realize that suicide is not an option no matter how bad things seem. after seeing what i had done did to my mom who had already lost 2 sons before me really hurt me but it also opened my eyes to how selfish i had been. at that point i didn't realize how badly i would be hurting everyone around me that actually care about me though this bad choice that i had made. now things are completely different. i got out of that relationship, my mom and i are now great friends for the most part and everything else in my life has turned around. i had to work for it and i did get some counseling which helped me deal with my depression alot.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that suicide really doesn't solve anything. all it does is take you away from the people that care about you and its permanent. if you are thinking about commiting suicide, talk to someone be it a parent, counselor, teacher or whatever. there are also hotlines for such matters. it may not seem like it right now but things will get better and there are people out there that love and care about you.

i really hope that this helps show you that there is a better way
Luna Lisa

Re: my story

Post by Luna Lisa »

Therapy has helped me. And yes. Suicide is never the answer for anyone. No matter how things seem or how bad things get their is always a little light that burns bright. It's called hope. For you people that have this little light. Hang on to it and cling it with in your grasp and never let go. Suicidial does hurt the ones you love and care about. When I tried a few sucidial stunts myself it was almost successful. And that is a place I would not want to be right now. And yes I do still have thoughts about it. But I care so much for the people that I care about and how many people it would hurt. For those of you who are heading down this road turn around and go back to the other road. The road to life and eveything that life has to offer. Taking yourself to death isn't the answer. I've stared death in the face when my brother died. And have almost died by died by taking my life. If those suicidal stunts would have been successful I wouldn't be here now telling you not to go down this path. I agree with eben 100% percent on this. Please head towards the little light that you have left that says to hang on.

Blessed Be.

Return to “Mental Health”